Question / Help Streaming AE editing, no work space?

BoxFaery

So, im a complete Noob to streaming, literally just started a few days ago, so please do bare with me if im not up to the lingo and or dont provide the info you need I will be as helpful as I can in order to make this work D:

I run windows 10 and OBS Studio (Which I can see after trying to fix this all morning is very different from OBS Classic) and am streaming on YouTube.

I am trying to stream editing sessions without showing my system folders or browsers (which unfortunately crop up often due to the nature of the editing) and only have the After Effects and Sony Vegas windows show up for the stream. I set up Window sources for these 2 programes and a sidebar image layer as well so I can have the chat on my screen without it being on the stream. But when I check the OBS screen it shows a blank white space instead of my workspace in AE and SV?

I know it works when I do monitor capture, as this is what I have used previously, but I do not feel comfortable with this as I dont want my system directories and files or browser info available to view when I am streaming. Is there any way to work this so I dont have to use Monitor Capture?

edit log file: https://gist.github.com/d496c9554e2a2a09d9db79be53c278fd

Last edited:

kubeusz32

Same to me.
http://prntscr.com/f9yzly
I think it's a After Effects sided issue, because I had same problem in the Photoshop, but I fixed it by turning off Graphics Processor in Perfomence Tab. Does someone has idea how to fix it in Adobe After Effects?
Obviously I'm using window capture, because it's more comfortable for me.

wallrik

I know it works when I do monitor capture, as this is what I have used previously, but I do not feel comfortable with this as I dont want my system directories and files or browser info available to view when I am streaming. Is there any way to work this so I dont have to use Monitor Capture?
Because AE and Photoshop and other Adobe apps use a mixed rendering mode where some is processed by your GPU and some is rendered normally (by your CPU), I don't think you can get away with anything other than Monitor Capture.

You could try using Game Capture and see how that works, but I suspect it still won't give you the desired result, if it works at all.

I think it's a After Effects sided issue, because I had same problem in the Photoshop, but I fixed it by turning off Graphics Processor in Perfomence Tab.
You're losing a lot of performance by doing that. It may be alright for Photoshop, but AE will likely suffer a lot more, if they even allow it.