Status
Not open for further replies.

BraulioBit

I know this may sound dumb but, how do I even install this?

I searched and all I could find was "copy all the contents in the OBS installation folder". I did that but when I opened OBS nothing had changed. Am I doing something wrong? :(

BraulioBit

Nevermind, I found out a page that redirected me to an exe installer which allowed me to install the plugin. :D

4Kane

Will there be an update to newer version? Can't use sourcemirroring since 26.1. My OBS scenes are broken and ruined by this update

Jbuddtv

Has anyone else noticed when a 3d transform is active it cause the black screen error with game capture / display capture anyone know a fix for this i had a pretty nice setup with the 3d transform but it's causing issues with game capture

eth100

with StreamFX -> Nvidia Facetracker, is there a way to move the background image (using greenscreen+chroma key) to match the face tracking? I'm thinking a basic panning would do it. Worse case this could be done outside of OBS and inputed as a video if there is a way to get the offsets...

eth100

with StreamFX -> Nvidia Facetracker, is there a way to move the background image (using greenscreen+chroma key) to match the face tracking? I'm thinking a basic panning would do it. Worse case this could be done outside of OBS and inputed as a video if there is a way to get the offsets...

figured it out. Needed to put the filter on the scene instead of the source...

BCG

People keep saying, one needs transparent pixels for the shadow thing to work. Can someone explain to me what that means??

Milochrist

Hi everyone! first of all, thank you for this amazing plugin!
So here's my problem:
I use the Mirror source feature quite a lot and my problem is that SOME of those sources don't work when I open OBS
So what I do, is go the properties of those sources (just a double click) and that's it, they work!
But I have a lot of those mirror sources, so sometimes I forget to double click one or two.
Is there a way to fix this issue for good?

Thanks in advance!

Milochrist

Can you explain this more for me? I'm not sure what this means and how I'm supposed to get that to work beneath my camera source.

@BCG @Iyokuu
Look at this
Captura de pantalla (74).png

See the red border? that's limits anything you can add to a source, including drop shadow.
So, if you want to add a drop shadow to that yellow rectangle, you need to make it a little smaller.
How can you do that? adding a 3d transform filter to it:
Captura de pantalla (75).png

(I have my obs in spanish, but that's the 3d transform filter)
Just change the camera to "Perspective" and add some field of view, that will make the source a little smaller while mantaining the red border. So now you just add the drop shadow and vualá!
Captura de pantalla (76).png

Hope it works man, good luck!

Xaymar

Hi everyone! first of all, thank you for this amazing plugin!
So here's my problem:
I use the Mirror source feature quite a lot and my problem is that SOME of those sources don't work when I open OBS
So what I do, is go the properties of those sources (just a double click) and that's it, they work!
But I have a lot of those mirror sources, so sometimes I forget to double click one or two.
Is there a way to fix this issue for good?

Thanks in advance!

Due to unexpected behavior in some parts of the UI, this is the way it is. Asynchronous sources (anything that doesn't immediately have a size) can't be instantly mirrored, and as far as I can tell there is no way around this.

Yurlyn

@BCG @Iyokuu
Look at this View attachment 65731
See the red border? that's limits anything you can add to a source, including drop shadow.
So, if you want to add a drop shadow to that yellow rectangle, you need to make it a little smaller.
How can you do that? adding a 3d transform filter to it:
View attachment 65732
(I have my obs in spanish, but that's the 3d transform filter)
Just change the camera to "Perspective" and add some field of view, that will make the source a little smaller while mantaining the red border. So now you just add the drop shadow and vualá!
View attachment 65733

Hope it works man, good luck!
I'd like to add that instead of a 3D transformation filter you can also add a Crop/Pad filter with values in the negative which pads the source instead of cropping it. Then put the drop shadow under it. It'll keep your original source's size while adding padding around it.

I really do like the drop shadow filter but it gets a little heavy when using too much, I've noticed. The Blur filter seems a bit lighter than the drop shadow. So now I use a source mirror of the original source and on that I have:
- A color correction filter to make it fully black (set in color parameter) and sometimes I also use the opacity for the shadow here;
- A 3D transform with orthographic camera to offset the shadow from the original while still retaining the exact same transform parameters in the scene.
- A Blur filter.

Hope this also helps.

Xaymar

I would pay all the money and possibly sexual favours were this to become available on Mac.

Just saying.
Press X to doubt. If you actually would do that, you'd already have put in a commission for it.

I'm unable to join the Discord, linked in the OP.
Have you tried the link in the resource? This is a resource after all, the thread is just a way for people to comment on the resource.

Synergist

I've noticed StreamFX exposes various FFmpeg options including ProRes, which is actually "Apple ProRes (prores_aw) (via FFmpeg)". For a few reasons I would prefer to use the "prores_ks" encoder, it would be useful if both were available.

Status
Not open for further replies.