Status
Not open for further replies.

leon El

He descargado StreamFX 0.9.0 y me dice en virus total, que tiene el Virus HEUR / QVM05.1.D86F.Malware.Gen ¿Qué saben del asunto?

Xaymar

He descargado StreamFX 0.9.0 y me dice en virus total, que tiene el Virus HEUR / QVM05.1.D86F.Malware.Gen ¿Qué saben del asunto?

It's a false positive, the same "HEUR / QVM05.1.D86F.Malware.Gen" is assigned by "SecureAge APEX" (your antivirus software) to a large amount of other software, including Unreal Engine, Unreal Tournament, Epic Games Launcher, Steam, Origin, MSPaint, ... - you get the idea, it's a heuristic scan that should be fixed, but probably won't be. Here are the virus total results:
TL;DR: False positive, get a better Anti-Virus. Windows Defender for example, or even ClamAV.

mattbatt

What can you do with the StreamFX plugin? I have been searching for videos of what this plugin does and all I can find are people showing how to install it. I don't want to just install every plugin to see what it does because most are a pain to uninstall. Perhaps someone could make a video and the developer could pin it to the plugin page.

Xaymar

What can you do with the StreamFX plugin? I have been searching for videos of what this plugin does and all I can find are people showing how to install it. I don't want to just install every plugin to see what it does because most are a pain to uninstall.
There's a ton of examples scattered all across the web, including the plugins own Wiki (though the images are currently 404). Such as this EposVox video, this showcase video, this tutorial video, or any of the ones linked in the tutorials channel on the Discord. Most of them can be found with "streamfx tutorial" as the search term (no doublequotes).

Perhaps someone could make a video and the developer could pin it to the plugin page.

You mean like I already do on the wiki? Click the More information button to go to it.

My feedback: I recommend changing the default values on the H264/AVC Nvidia Nvenc encoder:
Max B-Frames to 1, Look Ahead to 1, Decoder Picture Buffer Size to 1, and GPU to 0. The -1 values almost confused me as I understood that it means "Disabled." Once I did this, I was able to record some real nice quality vids even at a lower bitrate. Well done with this plugin!!!!!

Xaymar

My feedback: I recommend changing the default values on the H264/AVC Nvidia Nvenc encoder:
Max B-Frames to 1, Look Ahead to 1, Decoder Picture Buffer Size to 1, and GPU to 0. The -1 values almost confused me as I understood that it means "Disabled." Once I did this, I was able to record some real nice quality vids even at a lower bitrate. Well done with this plugin!!!!!

Rejected. -1 (and in extremely rare cases 0) are used to denote "Default", just like it is an industry standard to do so. 0 means "Disabled" and has always been that way. I recommend reading the documentation for the plugin, it usually covers all of it.

It's a false positive, the same "HEUR / QVM05.1.D86F.Malware.Gen" is assigned by "SecureAge APEX" (your antivirus software) to a large amount of other software, including Unreal Engine, Unreal Tournament, Epic Games Launcher, Steam, Origin, MSPaint, ... - you get the idea, it's a heuristic scan that should be fixed, but probably won't be. Here are the virus total results:
TL;DR: False positive, get a better Anti-Virus. Windows Defender for example, or even ClamAV.

The updated Microsoft Defender didn't show this just to caveat.
Rejected. -1 (and in extremely rare cases 0) are used to denote "Default", just like it is an industry standard to do so. 0 means "Disabled" and has always been that way. I recommend reading the documentation for the plugin, it usually covers all of it.
No worries. Just a suggestion as I put it through testing. I changed the GPU to 0 and it started recording. The value of 0 means that it's the default or primary GPU, so that's not correct. When it was at -1 (all defaults), I had a recording error and the quality was very bad and I couldn't understand why even after reading the documentation. There's not much information on "Look Ahead" as an example in your documentation, so NVIDIA defined it.

Xaymar

No worries. Just a suggestion as I put it through testing. I changed the GPU to 0 and it started recording. The value of 0 means that it's the default or primary GPU, so that's not correct. When it was at -1 (all defaults), I had a recording error and the quality was very bad and I couldn't understand why even after reading the documentation.

The documentation is not your go to if you want to know your hardware capabilities, or options that increase quality. The former is something you should know by default (you bought the GPU - not my job), the latter is something that requires research. There are only a handful of options that are guaranteed to increase quality up to a certain point, such as B-Frames and Look Ahead - and even these are limited to a certain NVENC generation.

As for the GPU field, the FFmpeg documentation states that 0 is the first GPU, 1 is the next, and so on. The default value for it is, you guessed it, -1, which means to pick any available device for encoding. FWIW it may be possible to list GPUs, but right now I don't do it.

There's not much information on "Look Ahead" as an example in your documentation, so NVIDIA defined it.

There's not much to describe. It simply enabled look ahead, which enables other features to work depending on the hardware capabilities. Exact features can be extracted from the NVIDIA Video Codec SDK documentation. The only other thing I could add is how much delay you get with it, but that should be known by default anyway (Hint: (B-Frames + 1) + LookAhead + OBS Render Queue + Hardware Delay + Muxer Delay + Latency).

Xaymar

Xaymar updated StreamFX (for OBS Studio) with a new update entry:

StreamFX 0.9.0

Version 0.9 brings several much needed fixes as well as improvements, from user experience changes in NVENC to internal fixes to improve plugin and libOBS stability. Let's go over the major changes:

Integrated update checking!
Tired of having to manually refresh the plugin page in the browser to find new updates? Well look no further than this new addition! The plugin now includes a manual and automated way to check for updates, entirely within OBS! You can even select...

Read the rest of this update entry...

pookguy88

I just upgraded my Nvidia GPU to an RTX 3080 and the face tracking no longer works... I tried reinstalling the SDK but no dice... anyone know why and/or how to fix?

Diego X

I have had problems with the NVIDIA Face Tracking filter since I made a clean install of my Windows and reinstalled OBS, StreamFX and the NVIDIA AR SDK. The fist time I access a scene with the filter, it works fine. But when I return to my Face traking scene after having been on other scenes, the Face Tracking scene takes longer and longer to load, first with a white screen and then an orange blur befor it finds the face. The second time i visit the scene it takes longer than the first, the third time longer than the second, the forth longer than the third, and so on. I had been used StreamFX with NVIDIA Face traking without any issue since NVIDIA's AR SDK first came out, and when eferything was right, the experience was the opposite for me (each time I returned to a Face traking scene the loading was faster because it seemed to remember where it left it the previous time). The current problem has only happened to me after the reinstall of my system, and I have thought that it might have been an update in the AR SDK in the meantime. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Is there an option to download previous versions of NVIDIAs SDK?

Xaymar

Xaymar updated StreamFX (for OBS Studio) with a new update entry:

StreamFX 0.9.1

Notable Changes and Information
StreamFX v0.9 is safe to use with OBS Studio v26.0!
OBS Studio v26.0 has been extensively tested with StreamFX v0.9, and no notable problems could be found that did not already happen in earlier versions of OBS Studio or the plugin. You can safely upgrade both the plugin and OBS Studio, as long as you also upgrade all other plugins.

Hiding OBS Studio to tray is no longer broken.
OBS Studio incorrectly treats hidden and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

sneaky4oe

I wonder if it would be possible to use ffmpeg to interpolate frames of original stream to increase smoothness of video without extra cost?
We can use GPUs to encode videos with interpolated frames in realtime (take SVP for instance), and while having source stream of 30 fps, we could try to force GPU to fill in the gaps instead of grabbing all 60 frames. Could work well if streamer has low ingame framerate and wants to give better stream to their audiences - I used to watch low framerate streams with SVP for better smoothness of motion.

Oratorio

Hey Xaymar keep going the wonderful work here!

Quick question, with the latest OBS version + the latest SteamFX (0.9.1) do you still recommand applying the settings from your screenshot on your website for encoding with NVENC FFmpeg for bests results or anything else ? The options changes order and I wonder if it is still relevant?

Thanks!

Xaymar

I wonder if it would be possible to use ffmpeg to interpolate frames of original stream to increase smoothness of video without extra cost?

"Without extra cost" is impossible, but it's theorethically possible to abuse the motion estimation in H.264 and H.265 to get an intermediate frame that isn't just frame blending. This is still a massive amount of work to do though. NVIDIA has a framerate and resolution upscaler in their SHIELD devices, which apparently is in alpha testing right now - so maybe it'll be available on desktop too.

Quick question, with the latest OBS version + the latest SteamFX (0.9.1) do you still recommand applying the settings from your screenshot on your website for encoding with NVENC FFmpeg for bests results or anything else ? The options changes order and I wonder if it is still relevant?

Settings only moved, as long as FFmpeg isn't updated the recommendation is identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.