Status
Not open for further replies.

karlhoelscher

ok thank you i didnt see that in the Standard section before, however, I still haven't a clue what to set all the options to inder all the sections even after reading through the blog

rockbottom

ok thank you i didnt see that in the Standard section before, however, I still haven't a clue what to set all the options to inder all the sections even after reading through the blog

These may or may not work for you, you'll need to test....
Recording H265 1.JPG

Recording H265 2.JPG

Recording H265 3.JPG

starmanj

There is no need to delete the encoders that are included with OBS.

I am an idiot.
That is all.
I forgot to select "advanced" Output mode!

karlhoelscher

thanks! this helps... I honestly can't say other than file size I see a diff between 264 and 265 but I am also working un upscale in Resolve to 4k and rendering out as h.265 for youtubem and the file size diff there is massive, Also I noticed 265 scubs better on the time line over 264 so that saves me having to make optimized files as well

rockbottom

YW!

Make sure to try different settings too, especially the B-Frame Reference Mode. General rule, H265 will give roughly the same quality as H264 at half the bit-rate but at the same bit-rate, you should see significant improvement in quality.

Xaymar

The encoder is listed under Advanced output mode, just like any other third-party addition. For good settings, take a look at the blog post which outlines settings for Turing (1650S, 1660+, 20xx) and Pascal (10xx, 1650) series. If you don't know what a setting does, read up on the H.264 or H.265 spec, which explains what everything is and can do - or alternatively just leave it alone at the default value of 0, -1 or "Default".

hey so having stream fx still crashes obs when i play call of duty modern warfare. it works fine pretty much any other time. it seems like call of duty is too resource intensive. i have the ryzen 5 3600. can anyone else test playing warzone and using the nvidia face tracking filter at the same time? i have a 2080 super
Have you contacted NVIDIA yet?

Enabling CQ mode is explained on the wiki page for the encoder. CQ follows the same rules as CBR and VBR, so you get better quality with the settings linked on the blog. For editing purposes though, I recommend CQP recording instead - it only needs a fraction of the video encoder time and can create better quality without having to rely on expensive settings.

Messing around with B-Frame Reference Mode is not recommended until OBS Studio updates FFmpeg to the latest version (likely happening with OBS Studio 26.x). Right now, only "Disabled" works for recording, the rest is broken and only works when streaming for some reason.

Last edited:

rockbottom

Messing around with B-Frame Reference Mode is not recommended until OBS Studio updates FFmpeg to the latest version (likely happening with OBS Studio 26.x). Right now, only "Disabled" works for recording, the rest is broken and only works when streaming for some reason.

Thx for the info Michael! When I was using the 0.4.0 Encoder I was able to set it at /2 without any issues. Anyway, the encode quality is excellent even with it Disabled.

Xaymar

Thx for the info Michael! When I was using the 0.4.0 Encoder I was able to set it at /2 without any issues. Anyway, the encode quality is excellent even with it Disabled.

The success rate with it is random. If you're lucky it works, but it randomly breaks and starts dropping frames from the written file. Unfortunately not something I can work around :(

rockbottom

Yep, I remember you mentioned that the bug was random awhile back so when I updated from 0.4.0 to StreamFX & the bug popped up I knew it had to be disabled. Thought some of the new users might get lucky & that's why I suggested they try different settings than what I posted above.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated StreamFX (for OBS Studio) with a new update entry:

StreamFX 0.9.0 Alpha 2

## Do you like StreamFX? Consider supporting the project!
This plugin is only possible through the continuous support through [Patreon](https://patreon.com/Xaymar), [Github Sponsors](https://github.com/sponsors/Xaymar) and [Twitch subscribers](https://twitch.tv/xaymar). If StreamFX has helped you achieve your ideal setup, consider supporting the project through one of the platforms. Even a 1$/mo support helps with the development of the project so that I don't have to seek other means of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nomak

Hello,
i like this plugin a lot. Many good functions in one plugin that helps you be creative with your stream. Big Thanks to the Developer.

Currently i have one really annoying problem.
When i setup all my Scenes and everything is working fine. After restarting OBS the Source Mirrors wont show.
First i have to go into the Properties of the Source mirror, click "OK" and then it works normaly again.

Why doesnt Source Mirror load with the start of OBS.

Thanks

Regards
Nomak

Xaymar

Hello,
i like this plugin a lot. Many good functions in one plugin that helps you be creative with your stream. Big Thanks to the Developer.

Currently i have one really annoying problem.
When i setup all my Scenes and everything is working fine. After restarting OBS the Source Mirrors wont show.
First i have to go into the Properties of the Source mirror, click "OK" and then it works normaly again.

Why doesnt Source Mirror load with the start of OBS.

Thanks

Regards
Nomak

This is an artifact of a fix that prevents OBS Studio from freezing. A partial fix has been applied in the current 0.9 versions, but it does not fix all the problems yet.

edba

A-hem.. since I'm not a programmer and I don't understand shit when it comes to "obs custom build"... who do I have to pay and how much to get a dmg (yes, I need stream fx on Mac) that I can double click on and VOILA I have the latest version of obs with stream fx on it?

Nomak

This is an artifact of a fix that prevents OBS Studio from freezing. A partial fix has been applied in the current 0.9 versions, but it does not fix all the problems yet.
Thanks, i have the latest version 0.9.0.0a2..
Are they any others Options that i can set to prevent this from happening?

Otherwise i hope for future updates :-)

Xaymar

Thanks, i have the latest version 0.9.0.0a2..
Are they any others Options that i can set to prevent this from happening?

Otherwise i hope for future updates :-)

Alpha versions are not meant for production use. Use the latest stable as linked on the download page instead.

Xaymar

okay use the Version 8.3 now. but still have the same problem

"A partial fix has been applied in the current 0.9 versions, but it does not fix all the problems yet." - aka its partially fixed, as best as possible, without breaking OBS Studio again, in current master/pre-release 0.9. Note that all pre-release versions are two weeks delayed so that Supporters get to test them early.

DrCloud

Hi Xaymar,

Thanks for releasing StreamFX, it's an awesome plugin. I am trying to write a barrel distortion correction, or anti-fisheye correction as a shader or effect. I've scoured through the forum but I can't seem to find anything that might have already been released. I'm reaching out if you could point me in the right direction to some documentation on syntax about the variables I need to get me started.

On this github page, you mention that it can be implemented in Shader filter 0.7.1. How?

C++:
float4 mainImage(VertData v_in) : TARGET
{
    float4 InputImg = image.Sample(textureSampler, v_in.uv);
    float4 CorrectedImg;

//how do I get pixel (x1,y1) from img and move it to position (x2,y2) in CorrectedImg?
    //for example, pixel (0,0) moved to position (128,128) in output image

//I'll take care of the actual algorithm itself, no problems there

return corrected;
}

Looking forward to your response.

DrCloud

Xaymar

On this github page, you mention that it can be implemented in Shader filter 0.7.1. How?

You've already linked to the necessary resources to implement the the effect in your own request. All that's left is to follow a HLSL tutorial to get from A to B, and there is a ton of resources on that since HLSL is used by almost every major game out there. All you have to do is read them, and then apply the gained knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.