Status
Not open for further replies.

Make Them Awesome

Is the source transparent? If not, then that's the problem. Add a Crop / Pad with all values set to -1 to see effects appear.

Yep, that was it. Any chance that could be added to the wiki in some way? I wasn't finding any sort of usage instructions (at least obvious ones anyway) specific to SDF Effects. And those steps wouldn't have came to mind.

Xaymar

Just installed this plugin. Got the credits/thank-you dialog when I relaunched OBS Studio. Not seeing it in my list of filters? How/where do we use this?

Make sure that you are looking in the correct filters list. Blur, 3D Transform, etc are all video filters.

Xaymar

Yep, that was it. Any chance that could be added to the wiki in some way? I wasn't finding any sort of usage instructions (at least obvious ones anyway) specific to SDF Effects. And those steps wouldn't have came to mind.

SDF Effects are going to be deprecated soon, as they cost way too much GPU for the tiny effects they give. There's far more efficient ways to do the effects that I want to implement.

Mario Mey

@Mario Mey You seem to be missing the necessary data files for the plugin.

Hi, Xaymar, thanks for the reply. I compile a portable version of OBS in a particular path (/home/mario/apps/obs-mediacontrols). I compiled StreamFX as README.md says. I copied StreamFX.so to obs-plugins path (/home/mario/apps/obs-mediacontrols/obs-plugins/64bit), so, splash screen appears at startup. I copied data path inside OBS data path (/home/mario/apps/obs-mediacontrols/data). They are there... but error message still appears and filters don't work.

Could be StreamFX looking for data files in an another path?

Thanks again.

Xaymar

Hi, Xaymar, thanks for the reply. I compile a portable version of OBS in a particular path (/home/mario/apps/obs-mediacontrols). I compiled StreamFX as README.md says. I copied StreamFX.so to obs-plugins path (/home/mario/apps/obs-mediacontrols/obs-plugins/64bit), so, splash screen appears at startup. I copied data path inside OBS data path (/home/mario/apps/obs-mediacontrols/data). They are there... but error message still appears and filters don't work.

Could be StreamFX looking for data files in an another path?

Thanks again.

StreamFX does not look in any special path, and just uses the path given to it by OBS Studio, and which path exactly that is is up to the libOBS code for the platform. The steps outlined on the wiki work for the known supported platforms, for other platforms you can build the plugin together with OBS Studio with relative ease.

Mario Mey

Thanks again, @Xaymar, but it doesn't work. I downloaded compiled versions, I compiled it myself, I put files in every possible path, and still get this error:
Code:
error: [StreamFX] Unexpected exception in function '_create': basic_string::_M_construct null not valid.
error: Failed to create source 'Filter.Blur'!
I don't expect you to help me, but maybe someone else can give a hand to me. Have a nice day.

Xaymar

Thanks again, @Xaymar, but it doesn't work. I downloaded compiled versions, I compiled it myself, I put files in every possible path, and still get this error:
Code:
error: [StreamFX] Unexpected exception in function '_create': basic_string::_M_construct null not valid.
error: Failed to create source 'Filter.Blur'!
I don't expect you to help me, but maybe someone else can give a hand to me. Have a nice day.

Putting the files into ~/.config/obs-studio/ works fine here on Ubuntu 20.04 with standard OBS Studio. Unfortunately I can't support all possible setups, so the exact setup necessary to make it work for you is something you have to figure out - especially given that you build a custom OBS Studio.

kartashov

Xaymar!

Hi, please tell me. I took the broadcast settings from your blog. Broadcast to YouTube. I increased the bitrate to 14000. Do I need to change something else in the settings, or are they universal and only the bitrate changes for the broadcast area?

Xaymar

Xaymar!

Hi, please tell me. I took the broadcast settings from your blog. Broadcast to YouTube. I increased the bitrate to 14000. Do I need to change something else in the settings, or are they universal and only the bitrate changes for the broadcast area?

This is not the place for that.

TheCommoner76

Hi Xaymar,

I cannot see the plugin in the filters section of obs. I put the plugin in the right section of OBS plugins it just doesn't come up.

Best,
The Commoner

Xaymar

Thanks for the reply. I did that and it doesn't show up

Are you sure you did that? The Installer has a 0% failure rate when used on a clean system, and the most recent one even installs the MSVC 2019 Redist if it is missing. Please attach log files as my crystal ball doesn't seem to work since 2020 started.

pookguy88

on my webcam source I have the Nvidia Facetracking Filter but sometimes when I start up OBS the filter doesn't apply, but sometimes it does, it's like 50/50. When the filter doesn't start with OBS, I have to remove the filter and re-apply it before it starts working. Anyone know why this is?

Thanks

Xaymar

on my webcam source I have the Nvidia Facetracking Filter but sometimes when I start up OBS the filter doesn't apply, but sometimes it does, it's like 50/50. When the filter doesn't start with OBS, I have to remove the filter and re-apply it before it starts working. Anyone know why this is?

Thanks

That would be because the filter is 100% experimental and not ready for production use.

starmanj

Hi Xaymar-
I'm trying to get the additional ffmpeg options to work. Do I still need to delete the native ffmpeg plugin and install your ffmpeg executables? I tried that and still see no additional ffmpeg options. I'm trying to use H.265, either software or via RX480 VCE acceleration.
StreamFX is installed correctly, I see the StreamFX menu at the top and the filters appear fine. But I only see software x264 offered under encoder under Output.

f2bacon

hey so having stream fx still crashes obs when i play call of duty modern warfare. it works fine pretty much any other time. it seems like call of duty is too resource intensive. i have the ryzen 5 3600. can anyone else test playing warzone and using the nvidia face tracking filter at the same time? i have a 2080 super

karlhoelscher

ummm ok... Im not a coder/developer whatever But I installed the StreamFX for OBS via this file (
streamfx-windows2019-0.8.3.0-ee225959.exe
) and other than seeing StreamFX at the top of the OBS window, nothing else..... I guess maybe this is all made for tech people not so much the 'average user'... Im trying to use nv_enc h.265 in OBS - have it working now under Custom Output but was hoping to set rate control to CQ

rockbottom

ummm ok... Im not a coder/developer whatever But I installed the StreamFX for OBS via this file (
streamfx-windows2019-0.8.3.0-ee225959.exe
) and other than seeing StreamFX at the top of the OBS window, nothing else..... I guess maybe this is all made for tech people not so much the 'average user'... Im trying to use nv_enc h.265 in OBS - have it working now under Custom Output but was hoping to set rate control to CQ

Set Type back to Standard & then set the Encoder as H.265/HEVC Nvidia NVENC

Last edited:

rockbottom

Hi Xaymar-
I'm trying to get the additional ffmpeg options to work. Do I still need to delete the native ffmpeg plugin and install your ffmpeg executables? I tried that and still see no additional ffmpeg options. I'm trying to use H.265, either software or via RX480 VCE acceleration.
StreamFX is installed correctly, I see the StreamFX menu at the top and the filters appear fine. But I only see software x264 offered under encoder under Output.

There is no need to delete the encoders that are included with OBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.