Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardedBrainiac

When I feel like it, or when someone decides to pick up the hammer and fix these themselves and PR the fixes. I have a full time job which is priority #1, and my free time is currently spent on a partnered project with another company.

Alright! no problem dude. Just wanted to know if it was something that would be fixed at some point. I didnt know if it was a problem in OBS or a problem in the plugin itself so wanted to know some sort of timespan to see if it was something i needed to keep an eye out for soon :)

Sorry if i worded it harshly. Leaned a bit to much on the negative side of things :/ i ment to say that i love what it does and i really want to keep it.

sjdacruz

Question: I'd like to use a video source, or another scene with animation to create displacement effects, instead of using a static image file. Is this possible?

Xaymar

Question: I'd like to use a video source, or another scene with animation to create displacement effects, instead of using a static image file. Is this possible?

Custom Shaders in theory would allow for this. If I ever manage to fix all the bugs.

sjdacruz

Custom Shaders in theory would allow for this. If I ever manage to fix all the bugs.
No worries, I was wondering if it was a setting I missed. I think it's a great plugin all around, and bugs are minimal and have never interfered with my content creation. Thanks again!

LittleLegsPlays

I'm really sorry to pester but I've been trying to get the blur for a while now.

I downloaded everything but cannot seem to get it to pop up in the filter list.

Please assist :)

Frensiow

Ok so;
I have the version 24.0.3 64bit of OBS studio.
I made sure to update runtime.
I installed it both manually and with the exe (Both on fresh installs).
Read the ten pages of this feed.
Read the intallation page, i dont have any of the application you said to remove.
I have other pluggins intalled and working (NDI, Websocket and virtual cam). Both are in the same folder as StreamFX.

Nothing is working. Ive been using OBS for year i know my way around it but i cant get this pluging to work!
I even used a second pc with NDI pluging installed in the same folder as StreamFX and nothing.
Could it be an incompatibility with NDI?

Sorry for the long paragraph i just wanted to make sur the issue was clear!

Edit: Also, the ''StreamFX for OBS Studio version 0.8.0.0'' is shown in my program and features.
Edit2: Just cheked, redid a fresh install without NDI or Websocket and the problem persists.

Last edited:

Xaymar

Xaymar updated StreamFX (for OBS Studio) with a new update entry:

StreamFX 0.8.0 Alpha 2

StreamFX is back, and this time it's less crash-happy with even more features! FFmpeg Encoder has finally been fully merged, although in a slightly more advanced state than the last plugin release, and many sources and filters have received a much needed stability improvement. Let's go through each change.

First is Source Mirror which has lost the ability to rescale internally, but in exchange gained severely improved Audio handling. It can now detect audio channels almost perfectly without...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Enmet

Any chance we'll see a color shift effect for this? Some video-capture devices (such as the PEXHDCAP) suffer from an incorrect chroma (C) alignment which is typically addressed using this avisynth plugin or this script, but there's no way to pipe it through OBS. Could potentially be useful for shifting RGB planes as well.

Xaymar

Any chance we'll see a color shift effect for this? Some video-capture devices (such as the PEXHDCAP) suffer from an incorrect chroma (C) alignment which is typically addressed using this avisynth plugin or this script, but there's no way to pipe it through OBS. Could potentially be useful for shifting RGB planes as well.

Technically not losslessly possible as OBS decodes everything to raw RGB. That would be a better feature for the Video Capture Source.

GeriatricGinger

I tried installing it per your directions up higher in this thread.. but checking filters, it is not visible.. OBS Studio 24.0.3

StreamFX-help.PNG
StreamFX-help-2.PNG

Last edited:

Xaymar

Xaymar updated StreamFX (for OBS Studio) with a new update entry:

StreamFX 0.8.0 Alpha 3

OBS Studio Version 25 is out and with it comes the need for an updated StreamFX plugin that is compatible with it. Not only that but some outstanding and new bugs have been fixed, which should help with stability compared to 0.8.0a2. Let's go into detail on some of the fixes.

First is 3D Transform which had a discoloration bug that caused transparent source to look vastly different from their actual look. This was likely introduced somewhere after 0.7.1 and has now been fixed, which should...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.