Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated Stream Effects with a new update entry:

v0.4.0 - Blur filter fixes, Source Mirror source

Today I bring you the "Source Mirror" source and a bunch of fixes. The "Source Mirror" source allows you to create a mirror of an existing source which can have its own list of filters and can even rescale your source for performance reasons. No need to painfully work around a core limitation in OBS Studio anymore!

Additionally, the 'Blur' filter has received a much needed update. It will now work as long as the GPU is not broken, several potential crashes with it were resolved and Gaussian...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sim Racing Noob

When I copy the files to the plugin folder within OBS it causes the program to crash on both 64 and 32 bit.
Once I delete the file it works again. I cant figure out how to get this working.

EDIT:
Never mind. I wasn't copying the data folder. I have it working now.

Last edited:

Gian

Xaymar this is great I've been looking for something similar for ages. Do you think it would be possible to add some more transform parameters to the plugin? Not sure if you are familiar with playing flat (2D) video inside a 360 video for example in Premiere? I would need the option to make a 2D video source (or text or image) look flat when mixed inside the 360 video. Thanks

Xaymar

@Gian an image would probably help explaining what you want to do. Making a 2D video look flat is easy, making it look flat in 3d depends on the viewing angle or might require distortion (if distortion is what you need, make a normal map and use the Displacement Filter).

Gian

I have attached an image of an edit out of Premiere. As you can see I inserted a flat image into a 360 video (not 3D, just 360) and to make it look flat when viewed in 360 this needs to be distorted, otherwise it would look spherical as well.
livestream.jpg

Xaymar

360° Video, Stereo 3D, and all the other things not officially supported by OBS Studio aren't in the scope of the plugin. You can however use the upcoming Custom Shader integration for this if you know how to write OBS effects (Some kind of HLSL, look at the .effect files).

Gian

Thanks that's beyond my capabilities/time constraints, I would be happy to pay someone to do it for me, not sure how that fits in with OBS.

Xaymar

v0.4.1 - Blur filter fixes, Source Mirror source (Hotfix)

Today I bring you the "Source Mirror" source and a bunch of fixes. The "Source Mirror" source allows you to create a mirror of an existing source which can have its own list of filters and can even rescale your source for performance reasons. No need to painfully work around a core limitation in OBS Studio anymore!

Additionally, the 'Blur' filter has received a much needed update. It will now work as long as the GPU is not broken, several potential crashes with it were resolved and Gaussian...

Xaymar

v0.4.2 - Improvements to Source Mirror and other fixes

Plugin
  • Shipped files should now be actual images instead of broken images.
Source Mirror
  • Fixed a memory leak caused by not releasing the mirrored source.
  • Fixed a rendering slowdown caused by trying to render the source inside an effect loop.
  • Fixed 'Point' scaling not actually using the correct sampling.
  • Implemented an option for Source Mirror to keep the original size even if rescaling.

Xaymar

That looks like a rather fast approach at faking Gaussian Blur. Possibly faster than optimizing Gaussian Blur for minimum samples (Gaussian Blur is not optimized right now).

A question about the blur filter.

You mention in the description that the blur is "non-destructive" and can be reconstructed to the original content. Is this only on a lower blur setting, or every blur setting across the board? The reason I ask is that I use the Blur filter on a very high setting, making everything in the HDMI capture (I use a capture card, in a scene on its own, then I blur the scene adding it as a source) extremely blown out to where you only really see the massive shapes of windows and general structure, but all of the finer details are gone. I also apply a transparency to the scene/source, and have it overlaid on a space/galaxy background image. Would that amount of obfuscation thru filters be enough to prevent recreation, or were you more specifically talking about lower blur settings where the general shapes of text is still recognizable?

Xaymar

The problem with blur is that it never deletes information. It just spreads it out over an area, which makes it hard to see said information with the naked eye.

A program could, with some work behind it, restore an original image from any level of blur, though it would have some errors in it. The rise of machine learning may even have reduced the total work needed to regenerate an image from blurred pixel data.

So in short, no amount of Box or Gaussian Blur would be enough to absolutely hide the information contained. Encoding may improve the chances of it not being recovered and so does overlaying other information, which results in destruction of the original information. But unless you replace the information with other information, you can never be sure that you didn't just leak information by blurring it.

ceo

Hey people! i suck at this I really new some help. with the inst, like inst for dummis kind of help hehe

Xaymar

@ceo The zip/7z file contents match the file structure of obs-studio, simply extracting it so the directories match up will work fine.

MockRock

The wording is still a bit ambiguous for installation because my OBS directory doesn't have a "data" folder. Here are the exact steps I've taken so far, with OBS installed in the default Windows location:

- Added "data" folder to C:\Program Files\OBS\plugins

- Within the .zip file, went to obs-plugins\64bit. There were two files in there (.dll and .pdb), I copied them to C:\Program Files\OBS\plugins.

With these file locations, I've successfully stopped the program from crashing when OBS starts up, which is what happened with any other install locations. However, when I open OBS and click on "Plugins," this doesn't appear at all. Is it supposed to show up somewhere else? Have I done something wrong with the installation? New to OBS plugins so appreciate any pointers.

alexdubovyck

Love it so much!
Even recorded a video guide for users who wanna use this "blur effect" for their stream.
Watch this:

Real cool and usefull idea for all blogers.
More examples:
https://imgur.com/IFlPRlk

My rating to "stream-effects" 5\5.

PS: Will be glad to see my post(video) here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.