Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated Stream Effects with a new update entry:

Stream Effects 0.7.2 BETA

This is a beta release. Bugs, Crashes, and incomplete changes should be expected. Don't complain if it's not up to your imaginary standards.
Changelog

• Reduced the rate at which 3D Transform, Blur, Dynamic Mask, SDF Effects and Source Mirror crash OBS Studio.
  • Improved the UI/UX for some sources and filters.
  • Deprecated 32-bit builds, let's be honest if you still need 32-bit you're not in the targeted user group for this plugin.
  • Improved the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Mike Satoshi

Does 3D transform work with every type of source? I've installed this plug-in and it doesn't want to work with my screen capture device or VLC plugin.
Any solution?

Xaymar

Does 3D transform work with every type of source? I've installed this plug-in and it doesn't want to work with my screen capture device or VLC plugin.
Any solution?

There's no reason it wouldn't, and I'm pretty sure it has been done before.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated StreamFX (for OBS Studio) with a new update entry:

StreamFX 0.8.0 Alpha 1

Happy Holidays everyone! To celebrate the next week, a new StreamFX (renamed from Stream Effects) pre-release is in order.

First and most important is the rename from Stream Effects to StreamFX. Due to name collisions with Stream Elements and people unfortunately sending me support request for Stream Elements, I've decided to rename the plugin to StreamFX...

Read the rest of this update entry...

PR Firedragon

Hi. I have obs studio 24.0.3. I use the exe installer and the zip and the filters dont show up. I need to do something?

1577061855734.png

kris0725pl

Hi all....i have question. It is some recordingFX filter for recording? Not streaming. I most videos made by recording in obs...and i need some extra fx in videos :)

dr_docdoc

UPDATE to below for fellow readers: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE UPDATED OBS! DOH! I was still on version 21 something. Just updated and all works well now - sorry to bother . . .

I have the same issue as the previous reviewer. I installed using .exe and no Filters show up when I try to add one to a Window Capture source. I did follow your recommendation and downloaded the x86 and x84 Visual Studio 2019. After install and a restart of computer - still no ability to see any Filter effects from StreamFX. Please help! :)

Last edited:

Xaymar

Any chance to get those working in Streamlabs OBS?
No. That's final, Streamlabs and I have a bad relationship.

I have just saw the Dynamic Mask Input for Blur (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdtwrsvjfA4). Would be possible to do the same with a Dynamic Mask for Image Mask/Blend?? Thank you so much.

No, Image Mask/Blend is not something the plugin provides. You can emulate this with Dynamic Mask though. Edit: I misread your question, you can use Dynamic Mask for alpha masking with an Image Mask/Blend as the input, and it's technically capable of the same as the mask input (which isn't a true mask input anyway).

Last edited:
No. That's final, Streamlabs and I have a bad relationship.

No, Image Mask/Blend is not something the plugin provides. You can emulate this with Dynamic Mask though. Edit: I misread your question, you can use Dynamic Mask for alpha masking with an Image Mask/Blend as the input, and it's technically capable of the same as the mask input (which isn't a true mask input anyway).

Thanks a lot. I will try it.

BeardedBrainiac

Heyhey! loving this plugin! was wondering when the random crashed would be fixed tho. They happen at least once every stream right now. And it is making me think twice about keeping the plugin enabled but i dont want to remove all the stuff i have now.

Any news on when that might be fixed or how i could do a temp fix on that?

Xaymar

Heyhey! loving this plugin! was wondering when the random crashed would be fixed tho. They happen at least once every stream right now. And it is making me think twice about keeping the plugin enabled but i dont want to remove all the stuff i have now.

Any news on when that might be fixed or how i could do a temp fix on that?

When I feel like it, or when someone decides to pick up the hammer and fix these themselves and PR the fixes. I have a full time job which is priority #1, and my free time is currently spent on a partnered project with another company.

Has anyone encountered a bug with B-Frame Reference Mode setting in Xaymar's ffmpeg nvenc plugin ?

When it is enabled my recording starts and after 2 seconds drop's bitrate to zero. If i try to stop recording, ui button just freezes and i have to kill obs process.
Without this setting everything works well.

Latest Windows 10
OBS 24.0.3
Nvidia 1650 Super with 441.66 SD driver (2019.12.10)

1580725983161.png

Xaymar

There's an unfixed bug in ffmpeg that breaks b_ref_mode in the version that OBS Studio is using. Pretty sure it still exists in the current ffmpeg version too - best just leave it at none if you get the bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.