Status
Not open for further replies.

f2bacon

i did more testing because i desperately want this to work. just having streamfx installed makes it so that obs has a constant 1.5% "frames missed due to rendering lag". im not playing a game or even streaming. i have a ryzen 5 2600x and rtx2070. ive tried removing all streamfx stuff and reinstalling, and also tried installing manually with the zip folder, and i keep having these issues. shit like this has me debating getting a 2080ti even though i doubt it would solve my issues

Xaymar

i did more testing because i desperately want this to work. just having streamfx installed makes it so that obs has a constant 1.5% "frames missed due to rendering lag". im not playing a game or even streaming. i have a ryzen 5 2600x and rtx2070. ive tried removing all streamfx stuff and reinstalling, and also tried installing manually with the zip folder, and i keep having these issues. shit like this has me debating getting a 2080ti even though i doubt it would solve my issues

Do you happen to have the Nvidia AR SDK installed? That is the only part that initializes by default in order to avoid hefty load cost and dangerous P-State switching caused by Tensor usage. All other parts of StreamFX do not work without being invoked, all the worker threads are fully asleep unless a part of StreamFX is being used.

Xaymar

i do, version 0.5. also using the most recent game ready driver 446.14

Figured as much. Unfortunately the AR SDK is Nvidias domain, and outside of my control. Most likely the performance impact comes from the reduced memory clock speed that is enforced by some Tensor usage that might otherwise cause thermal issues.

Meierhans

@Xaymar First I like to thank your for your really amazing plugin pack. So many useful tools, and Face Tracking --- It´s freaking smooth, when setting Stability to around 95-97% is really behaves like a chilled cameraman (maybe like a bit sleepy one, as it can not foresee what comes next.. but I guess this would be a bit to much asked from AI... hopefully... ;.)

I started to build a small multicam greenscreen studio, and I am happy to say that once the tracker locked onto a face, it pans just wonderful over a 4K HDMI Stream from DSLR. (Before it does hickup sometimes, and also gets lost somewhere in corner pixelland, but I can absolutly live with that) I know, most people use it to just keep there face in frame, but it does a great job for full body as well. I just have two problems with it. Nr 1 is that the Offset range is simply to small for my task. I have to zoom in really far to get proper space above head, up to the point where I am running out of resolution. Like that:
Headroom.JPG

Could you double or tripple the range maybe? Or make the numbers relative to zoomed in state?

I also started to to use motion-effect to change values during runtime: https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/motion-effect.668/
Most important is zoom, but if offset had more range, it would for sure also be great. Zoom basicly works smooth once the is going, just when triggering it there is a glitch. I guess this is what the tracker delivers to you, so you can´t do much about it, but maybe you could apply some additional kind of smoothing to the trackers output. Something like this maybe? http://cristal.univ-lille.fr/~casiez/1euro/

just my 2 cent. keep up the good work!

Xaymar

The filter already uses a Kalman filter for position (X, Y), size (W, H), and velocity (X, Y), which can be controlled using the Stability setting. Velocity is currently only used to smooth over intermediate frames where no new data is available, but in theory it's possible to use it to enhance prediction of future movement at the cost of accuracy, however that is not a feature that is planned.

Note that the offset is relative to the detected face area, as not all faces are the same, and it works well for the purpose that it has. I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do with the offset, but it seems that what you are trying to do is outside of the planned possibilities. However you can do the change yourself by forking the repository on Github and changing the values on these two lines: 1, 2. Once you commit that to a branch on your fork, Github Actions (on your fork) should automatically start building binaries with your own changes which you can download and install - just note that I can't offer support for custom builds.

I'm aware of the glitch where it just decides that the bottom left 1x1 square is really really important. Haven't figured out the reason for it yet, but I'm trying my best to find it. By the way, please use the StreamFX menu which has a feature request link to request features. I can't keep track of features requested here, and all development happens on Github anyway - best keep things in the same place.

kartashov

Xaymar hello!

Thanks for your product! Help me please. I stream on YouTube (Nvidia 2080) I see "pixels and blur" there is no smoothness in movement, sometimes there is a drawdown of FPS on the stream - everything is OK in the game. Obs running with administrator rights, the game in the window. What do I need to fix? I play Destiny 2.

ezgif-3-0acbbf05599a.gif

kartashov

You seem to have an old version of the FFmpeg Encoder plugin installed, which has a lot of broken settings. Please remove it and install the most recent StreamFX version.

Thanks for the quick response!

Please tell me, what settings do I need to stream fast games on YouTube? I am scaling from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440 to make the picture better. But I absolutely do not understand the encoder settings = (

ezgif-3-f5f838980afa.gif

Preset:

H264
Profile:
Level:

Rate Control Options
Mode:
Two pass:
Look Ahead:
Adaptive I-Frames:
Adaptive b-Frames:
Buffer Size:

Bitrate Limits
Target Bitrate:

Adaptive Quantization
Spatial Adaptive Quantization:
Temporal Adaptive Quantization:

Other Options
Maximum B-Frames:
B-Frame Refence Mode:
Zero Latency:
Weighted Prediction:
Non-reference P-Frames:
Access Unit Delimiter:
Decoded Picture Buffer Size:

Key Frames
Interval Type:
Interval:

FFmper Options
Custem Settings:
GPU:
Override Color Format:
Standart Compliance:

Thank! I will be very grateful if you take the time to answer my questions. I stream on YouTube, my pc i8700 + 32GB ram + nvidia 2080.

PowerX

Hello this is a good plugin. But I'm using an old gpu 980ti. I only found the Turning Guide.
I'd like to know the streaming 980ti setting.

Xaymar

Hello this is a good plugin. But I'm using an old gpu 980ti. I only found the Turning Guide.
I'd like to know the streaming 980ti setting.

Maxwell is similar to Pascal, so apply settings for Pascal. Note that Pascal is significantly worse than Turing.

Meierhans

@Xaymar Thank you for your reply. I fully understand that you can not give free support for everyone having special needs, nor give support for people´s forks. I will try to dig into the code - as far as I can without beeing a coder - and will see if I can a grip. Would not hurt in general, Maybe - unless something speaks against this - you could raise the values from +-50% to +-100% in the next release? Dunno.

I will see about patreon anyways..

One more idea: It could be very useful if Face Tracker allowed to move and scale another Layer/Group/Scene instead of the one its eating. So you can f.e. hide a poster/screen with a face in the background on the layer that is tracked, making sure Tracker gets not confused, but in the final ouput picture the poster/screen will be visible again.

Xaymar

One more idea: It could be very useful if Face Tracker allowed to move and scale another Layer/Group/Scene instead of the one its eating. So you can f.e. hide a poster/screen with a face in the background on the layer that is tracked, making sure Tracker gets not confused, but in the final ouput picture the poster/screen will be visible again.

This sounds like something you should commission someone to do for you. It is far outside of the realm of generic use case, and way into the specific use cases.

kartashov

I've made a blog entry about this a few hours ago. I don't give any personalized help (aside from to supporters though the correct contact channels), and I recommend that everyone figures out their ideal settings either with scientific testing, or trial and error.

Good day! Please tell me, is it possible to stream and local recording on the 2080 card at the same time? Is it possible to apply your settings from the blog for this, simply increasing the bitrate from 6000 to 20,000?

Xaymar

Good day! Please tell me, is it possible to stream and local recording on the 2080 card at the same time? Is it possible to apply your settings from the blog for this, simply increasing the bitrate from 6000 to 20,000?

The settings on the blog are for streaming, not recording. Recording will require different settings to work right, and is usually less restricted by space than streaming is. Try around with CQP.

IDLT

Hey there,

Quick suggestion. Could it be possible to have a 0 value on Blur Size?
Like "if size=0 don't do calculation"
Right now it default to 1 minimum. As I would like to transition the blur in and out without changing scenes with Exeldro's Move Value plugin but even the lowest setting (ie. 1) is blurry. Since there is no Hotkey way of disabling a filter within OBS I'm out of options. Add to that, that you can't increment decimals with the size in Dual Filtering when going over .5 to .9 and this fix would be great!
Thanks!

Xaymar

Hey there,

Quick suggestion. Could it be possible to have a 0 value on Blur Size?
Like "if size=0 don't do calculation"

The current blur filter is still in the "unstable" phase, and undergoing a massive rework once I have time for it.

any word on if/when the Nvidia virtual green screen will make it into StreamFX?

This has never been announced or promised at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.