Status
Not open for further replies.

cs9k

Thanks for taking care of 1-3!

I admit, I may not have been paying close enough attention to my OBS logs when things were 'working', which I think may have led to some confusion about my post.

You are correct that with OBS 25 and B1, recording with H.265 and any B-ref setting does not work. "Middle" stalls the encoder after 2 seconds, and the encoder refuses to start when set to "Each". With OBS 24 and 0.4.0.0, I had the gui set to middle (b/2) with H.265, and it "recorded just fine", though I don't have any logs left to see if the encoder just turned B-ref off before recording.

v.rtx:void

Hey Xaymar!
First of all: BIG THX for all the effort you put into this project, I really appreciate it :)
I have an issue with the latest beta (0.8.0.0b1) on Windows 10 Pro with the latest Visual-Studio-Version and the Nvidia AR SDK installed.
It's all running on a Lenovo P53 with a Quadro RTX 3000, i7 9th Gen and 32MB RAM.

Somehow the Nvidia Face Tracking filter doesn't show up..I have the latest Version of OBS Studio running, and all the other filters of the StreamFX-package are available, but only this particular one, which interests me the most, is not showing up...
Did I do something wrong, like installing the necessary ressources in the wrong order?
Would really love to use the Nvidia Facetracking in OBS for Keying without Chroma-Key-Greenscreen :)

v.rtx:void

Sorry for misunderstanding: I'd like to build a background-removal filter based on the face-detection in OBS myself, that's why I was so curious about the implementation of the Nvidia AR SDK in StreamFX

Xaymar

Sorry for misunderstanding: I'd like to build a background-removal filter based on the face-detection in OBS myself, that's why I was so curious about the implementation of the Nvidia AR SDK in StreamFX

It's quite simple, use CUDA to keep the frame on the GPU (zero-copy is important), send that to the AI SDK using Temporal tracking, and you get a box that most likely contains a face. The center of the box seems to be around the nose to eyes, but there's additional functionality in the SDK that allows tracking of landmarks of a face, and even reconstruction of a 3D mesh of the face.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated StreamFX (for OBS Studio) with a new update entry:

StreamFX 0.8.0 Beta 2 (Hotfix 2)

Two weeks have passed since Beta 1, and the list of remaining bugs shrunk to almost nothing, which means that it's time for another Beta release! This beta is full of fixes and improvements, and even has some fancy new Shaders for you to use without needing any Shader coding skills! Let's dig into the changes.

Immediately at the start of the changelog, there's the fancy new logo which is inspired...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

cs9k

Alright, some feedback for beta 2!

1. GUI lookahead settings now pass correctly to the encoder.
2. When lookahead is set to > 0, the logs indicate that adaptive I-frames are enabled, as they should be.
2a. The script that runs before the encoder initializes, doesn't show that adaptive I-frames are enabled, but I'm not sure that it can read the encoder after the encoder initializes.
3. The GUI settings for Adaptive B-Frames and Adaptive I-Frames do not work for both 265 and 264. I still have to pass -b_adapt=0 to 265, and -b_adapt=0 -no-scenecut=1 to 264, regardless of gui input.

Example (Adaptive I-Frames and B-Frames set to disabled in GUI)

14:47:14.168: [StreamFX] [h264_nvenc] Custom Settings: -no-scenecut=1 (Adapt I-frame off)

1587757744124.png

14:47:14.168: [StreamFX] [h264_nvenc] Adaptive I-Frames: Enabled
14:47:14.168: [StreamFX] [h264_nvenc] Adaptive B-Frames: Enabled <Default>
14:47:14.168: [ffmpeg] [h264_nvenc @ 000001eba5605fc0] Loaded Nvenc version 10.0
14:47:14.168: [ffmpeg] [h264_nvenc @ 000001eba5605fc0] Nvenc initialized successfully
14:47:14.169: [ffmpeg] [h264_nvenc @ 000001eba5605fc0] Defined rc_lookahead requires more surfaces, increasing used surfaces 40 -> 41
14:47:14.169: [ffmpeg] [h264_nvenc @ 000001eba5605fc0] AQ enabled.
14:47:14.169: [ffmpeg] [h264_nvenc @ 000001eba5605fc0] Lookahead enabled: depth 32, scenecut disabled, B-adapt enabled.

TL;DR: The encoder isn't listening to your script/gui inputs, only the custom arguments, for 264 and 265, for I and B adapt.

Best I can tell, everything else works right, though don't take that as a "I tested everything", for I did not.

Thank you again for all your hard work!

retroworldseries

I'm having issues installing the latest version. I have downloaded the exe and zip files and tried both methods. I am using OBS version 24.0.3 (windows 10 64-bit). However, nothing is showing up in the tools or filters related to StreamFX. Are there any other methods I can try? I've looked under multiple types of sources and nothing shows up.

Xaymar

I'm having issues installing the latest version. I have downloaded the exe and zip files and tried both methods. I am using OBS version 24.0.3 (windows 10 64-bit). However, nothing is showing up in the tools or filters related to StreamFX. Are there any other methods I can try? I've looked under multiple types of sources and nothing shows up.

OBS 24.x and below require older plugin version. If you want to use the latest version of the plugin you will also have to be on the latest version of OBS Studio.

bins

Hiya all,

like retroworldseries I have installed the latest version on a new install of OBS (1 week) and can't see the plugin. I have installed another plugin, which is visible and working, but this does not appear.

The .dll is in the right folder!

Any help for this noob appreciated.

retroworldseries

OBS 24.x and below require older plugin version. If you want to use the latest version of the plugin you will also have to be on the latest version of OBS Studio.
Thanks that worked. For some reason, the check for updates on that version didnt work so I manually installed the new version of OBS

sam_suite

I think I'm having the same problem -- I reinstalled the latest version of OBS and I've tried running the exe (with admin privileges) and manually copying the plugin into the installation folder from the archive. I don't have antivirus running. I'm out of ideas... any tips?

Xaymar

I think I'm having the same problem -- I reinstalled the latest version of OBS and I've tried running the exe (with admin privileges) and manually copying the plugin into the installation folder from the archive. I don't have antivirus running. I'm out of ideas... any tips?
See the link two posts above this for the installation guide.

cs9k

Hey Xaymar! I just wanted to pop in and let you know what I've dug up in regards to the "b_ref_mode=middle stalling an encode" issue.

It's nothing you need to worry about right now, thankfully. I believe it's an issue with the encoder itself. ffmpeg in this thread have coded in a workaround, which OBS Studio doesn't particularly like. OBS Studio devs are disinclined to change their own code until Nvidia and/or ffmpeg themselves get the issue sorted.

When will that be? Who is to know. But knowing what the problem is helps with peace of mind, at least!

Xaymar

Xaymar updated StreamFX (for OBS Studio) with a new update entry:

StreamFX 0.8.0 Beta 3

Another week, another beta release! This weeks update brings much needed optimizations to StreamFX, and some additional fixes as always. Let's delve into the details:

Performance Improvements
All filters and sources have received massive performance optimizations, which should help you reach your higher resolution or framerate goal - or maybe even both! Dual-Filtering Blur also now works as expected and outperforms Gaussian and Box blur in almost all cases. In testing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.