Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaymar

Just installed StreamFX with newly updated OBS (25.1 I think it is), and Source Mirror does not seem to be included. 3D Transform which is the other Filter I needed is working, so seems like Source Mirror just got left on the side of the road. Any fix for this?

You might have an old install of 'obs-stream-effects.dll' in your OBS Studio. Ensure that you've removed all older versions of the plugin from OBS Studio before installing a new version (the installer can only do this automatically if the old version was installed by an installer).

Absinthe

You might have an old install of 'obs-stream-effects.dll' in your OBS Studio. Ensure that you've removed all older versions of the plugin from OBS Studio before installing a new version (the installer can only do this automatically if the old version was installed by an installer).
It's this current build as it's the only one I've installed. Just found it today.

Xaymar

It's this current build as it's the only one I've installed. Just found it today.
That's odd then, there's usually no other way to have only part of the plugin show up. Do you have a log file from an attempt where things went wrong?

Xaymar

Xaymar updated StreamFX (for OBS Studio) with a new update entry:

StreamFX 0.8.0 Alpha 4

With Alpha 3 being barely two weeks old now, and there being so many new things to finally release to the public, it is time for Alpha 4. Alpha 4 brings the much requested Custom Shaders back - but this time as Filters, Sources and Transitions - adds support for Ubuntu 18.04 and 19.10, and fixes various issues. Let's delve a bit more into the release itself.

Starting with Custom Shaders which allow you to load a HLSL file and use it directly in OBS Studio without having to delve into just...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Absinthe

Not sure what's causing the lack of sources, there's no reported errors for a failed registration of anything. Are you sure you didn't just overlook it at the time?
I just installed it on a clean install of OBS, started setting up my overlay. One of the filters I needed from Stream FX was present, the other - Source Mirror - wasn't. Were additional scripts or something else required - what about hardware, is it possible my vid card is too ancient (it streams well enough - figured it was ok)? I'll get OBS 25.1 (clean install) on on my other PC and try Alpha 4 with it just to see if that works.

Attachments

• obs pic.png
    obs pic.png
    252.5 KB · Views: 62

Xaymar

I just installed it on a clean install of OBS, started setting up my overlay. One of the filters I needed from Stream FX was present, the other - Source Mirror - wasn't. Were additional scripts or something else required - what about hardware, is it possible my vid card is too ancient (it streams well enough - figured it was ok)? I'll get OBS 25.1 (clean install) on on my other PC and try Alpha 4 with it just to see if that works.

Source Mirror is a source, not a filter.

deetari

After installing this, the only new encoder I see is "H.264/AVC NVidia NVENC". I assume I'm missing some dependencies for exposing other encoders (H.265 NVENC, additional FFmpeg encoders, etc.), but I'm unsure what.

Any chance I could get some guidance on that? :)

Xaymar

After installing this, the only new encoder I see is "H.264/AVC NVidia NVENC". I assume I'm missing some dependencies for exposing other encoders (H.265 NVENC, additional FFmpeg encoders, etc.), but I'm unsure what.

Any chance I could get some guidance on that? :)

Only H.264 is supported for streaming, this is a limitation of the current OBS implementation.For the other codecs, look at the Recording tab.

Current version of StreamFX seems to duplicate some scenes with the same name from one scene collection to another when you switch. Only seems to happen with identically named scenes. Also I'm having some of my scenes duplicated just opening up OBS. Uninstalling the plugin has fixed this issue. I use really large scene collections with scenes that have long names with symbols in them. Like " iMei 2.0 Camera 3". But it seems to happen to random scenes regardless of their name. I also use scene collections that are very similar to each other. A lot of them have identical scenes with identical sources since they all came from one scene collection but just modified slightly.

All this messing up my scene collections have set me back to my most recent backup like 4 weeks ago.

I'm attaching some logs from before I tried downgrading OBS and uninstalling the plugin. I'm unsure as to which log when things happened, but maybe you'll find something in there that's useful.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    64.7 KB · Views: 16

Xaymar

Current version of StreamFX seems to duplicate some scenes with the same name from one scene collection to another when you switch. Only seems to happen with identically named scenes. Also I'm having some of my scenes duplicated just opening up OBS. Uninstalling the plugin has fixed this issue. I use really large scene collections with scenes that have long names with symbols in them. Like " iMei 2.0 Camera 3". But it seems to happen to random scenes regardless of their name. I also use scene collections that are very similar to each other. A lot of them have identical scenes with identical sources since they all came from one scene collection but just modified slightly.

All this messing up my scene collections have set me back to my most recent backup like 4 weeks ago.

I'm attaching some logs from before I tried downgrading OBS and uninstalling the plugin. I'm unsure as to which log when things happened, but maybe you'll find something in there that's useful.

I've tried reproducing any duplication bugs that people have sent me live on stream. A lot of them are caused by an earlier version of the plugin corrupting scene collections, which effectively makes OBS Studio go haywire. In the current latest version I can't repro any of the duplication issues.

If you have exact steps to repro the issue, I'll be happy to try them out until something happens.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated StreamFX (for OBS Studio) with a new update entry:

StreamFX 0.8.0 Beta 1

We're inching closer and closer to the full release of 0.8.0, and let's celebrate that with the first production ready beta release! This release fixes some major issues that were introduced in a refactor, further improves Linux support, and updated the translation files from Crowdin again. And that's not all, though the next part is not my own doing:

The Nvidia Face Tracking filter is finally available thanks to Nvidia releasing the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

cs9k

Howdy Xaymar! I'd like to give some feedback on the encoder-side of StreamFX 0.8.0 Beta 1!

Today I upgraded to OBS Studio 25.0.4 and installed StreamFX B1, to take advantage of OBS Studio 25's ability to game-capture Vulkan . I came from OBS Studio 24.0.3 with Xaymar's ffmpeg 0.4.0.0.

Settings can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/oxGuPhZ

My setup is as follows: i7 3770k, 32gb ram, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Hybrid, Nvidia DCH driver 441.87, Windows 10 1909 18363.778.

All comments below are about OBS 25 streaming to twitch or recording locally using the Xaymar H.264 NVENC encoder
- The lookahead gui setting does nothing; to enable lookahead I had to input -rc-lookahead=32
- Even with lookahead showing enabled, "Adaptive I-Frames" still shows "Disabled <Default>". In the encoder, if lookahead is set to greater than 0, Adaptive I-Frames should show as enabled. Lookahead does appear to function properly when set with the command line.
- Setting Adaptive B-Frames to 'disabled 'in the gui does nothing, I had ot add -b_adapt=false to disable it
- Interestingly, B-frame setting and B-ref mode work fine for streaming H.264, but H.264 -and- H.265 both don't record properly using any B-ref. In OBS Studio 24.0.3 with 0.4.0.0, recording with B-ref on both b/2 and every-b worked just fine.
- The listing for "Level" doesn't display what level the encoder chose, instead it shows "Level: <Unknown> <Default>" unless you manually specify a level (the encoder -does- choose the proper level in the end product).
- Rate Control shows "Rate Control: <Default>" when using CBR in the gui and command line, though it appears the setting is correct in recorded/streamed videos.
- "DPB Size: <Error: Operation not permitted>" shows regardless of gui setting. This is a new setting for me; I had to look it up.

All comments below are about OBS 25 recording locally using Xaymar H.265 NVENC encoder
- The lookahead gui setting does nothing; to enable lookahead I had to input -rc-lookahead=32
- Even with lookahead showing enabled, "Adaptive I-Frames" still shows "Disabled <Default>". In the encoder, if lookahead is set to greater than 0, Adaptive I-Frames should show as enabled
- Setting either B-ref setting stalls the encoder after 2 seconds with the following error:
-- "os_process_pipe_write for packet data failed"

It seems like a lot, but I feel like most of my issues are just disconnects between the gui and encoder.

If there's anything special you want me to try, I am available basically any time, just PM me and we can chat.

I want to thank you so much for what you've done with the ffmpeg encoders, and now ffmpeg built in to StreamFX. I'm no programmer, so major props to you for what you do! I've been using your encoders for about a year now and love the custom settings! The hours of research I've nerded out on to understand how all of those settings interact has been an exciting trip exploring how encoders work and all.

Keep being awesome!

-cs9k

cs9k

Oop, too late to edit

I forgot to mention that I did see yall talking about recording with b-ref set to anything wouldn't work, it being a bug in ffmpeg itself? 264/265 on 24.0.3 using your encoders did work fine with b-ref settings, so take that data point for what it's worth

Xaymar

1. The lookahead gui setting does nothing; to enable lookahead I had to input -rc-lookahead=32
2. Even with lookahead showing enabled, "Adaptive I-Frames" still shows "Disabled <Default>". In the encoder, if lookahead is set to greater than 0, Adaptive I-Frames should show as enabled. Lookahead does appear to function properly when set with the command line.
3. Setting Adaptive B-Frames to 'disabled 'in the gui does nothing, I had ot add -b_adapt=false to disable it
4. Interestingly, B-frame setting and B-ref mode work fine for streaming H.264, but H.264 -and- H.265 both don't record properly using any B-ref. In OBS Studio 24.0.3 with 0.4.0.0, recording with B-ref on both b/2 and every-b worked just fine.
5. The listing for "Level" doesn't display what level the encoder chose, instead it shows "Level: <Unknown> <Default>" unless you manually specify a level (the encoder -does- choose the proper level in the end product).
6. Rate Control shows "Rate Control: <Default>" when using CBR in the gui and command line, though it appears the setting is correct in recorded/streamed videos.
7. "DPB Size: <Error: Operation not permitted>" shows regardless of gui setting. This is a new setting for me; I had to look it up.
8. Setting either B-ref setting stalls the encoder after 2 seconds with the following error: "os_process_pipe_write for packet data failed"

1-3. Fixed, thanks for reporting that. Also made sure to set them to disa
4. Only "every" should cause problems, "b/2" should work fine. Known bug in FFmpeg - "every" shouldn't even start encoding.
5. Not a bug, since there is no way to know what level the encoder chose. It does not update the settings object.
6. Not a bug. CBR is the default setting.
7. Not a bug, but not sure of the cause. It's possible than OBS Studio ships with a seriously outdated FFmpeg, as I can see the option in the FFmpeg source code.
8. Not able to repro this on a RTX 2080 Ti. os_process_pipe_write is usually a problem with OBS's muxer, not with encoders.

Status
Not open for further replies.