Status
Not open for further replies.

braniegi

Por favor, alguien puede decirme si ha utilizado la versión StreamFX 0.12.0 Beta para obs v.29? Tengo mi OBS v. 29 en Debian 11. Gracias.

Xaymar

Got to say I used to run a site that had a giant amount of free and well-used resources. It cost thousands to run but I still got complaints. I stopped that. You can't win.

It gave me a little more sympathy for the likes of fb, reddit etc. where the easiest way is just to silently monetise you (to your own detriment but users are proven not to care, so win-win for the big boys I s'pose). Track-and-monetize, track-and-monetize...
As it is right now, stronger monetization appears to be the only way forward. Purely from a funding standpoint, StreamFX doesn't even generate enough for two full work days per month. So most of my project-dedicated free time is spent on projects that do full more than that - and the rest of the day is spent on my job and relaxing.

I regret releasing StreamFX to the public a lot lately, should have kept it to friends and family only. Might have met less people, but most (>90%) of the encounters lately are just people messaging me for help with StreamFX anyway...

Talonis

I regret releasing StreamFX to the public a lot lately, should have kept it to friends and family only. Might have met less people, but most (>90%) of the encounters lately are just people messaging me for help with StreamFX anyway...

I fully support your right to charge for it. If you withdraw it from the free-for-all and decide to charge for it I would buy it if that meant development and support continued.

It is a great and powerful plugin. You should be rewarded for your efforts.

FlashBowski

Agree with the above. I use so much of it in my stream for virtual environments I use I'd be more than happy to pay.

The level of entitlement some people have is baffling to me.

aquaaggron

Just thought I'd suggest my theory as to why b164 is not working in case it is something you've not had time to look at properly or checked, but the OBS 29 beta and OBS 29 final release run using different versions of qt. The betas used a newer version that imo was superior, but there was apparently a bug with the settings hanging with that version so they downgraded it for the stable release. I imagine if there is a way to integrate support for both versions, it'd mean support for the next version would extend to both OBS 28 (possibly) and OBS 29 stable release. Not sure if that's what's causing this issue but thought I'd point to it in case (and yeah, can also confirm b151 works on the stable release of OBS 29)

Stuwot

Hi,
Sorry if this has been asked previously...but seeing as version 11.1 is the latest stable build...and that prohibits using newer versions of OBS, I'm stuck at OBS 27.2.4. This seems to be stopping me from using a couple of plugins from the Stream Deck app that require OBS 28 and the in-built websocket implementation.

I'm interested in knowing how stable or unstable the newer releases of StreamFX are?

I use Source Mirror a lot as well as a couple of the other effects here and there

Thanks

aquaaggron

Hi,
Sorry if this has been asked previously...but seeing as version 11.1 is the latest stable build...and that prohibits using newer versions of OBS, I'm stuck at OBS 27.2.4. This seems to be stopping me from using a couple of plugins from the Stream Deck app that require OBS 28 and the in-built websocket implementation.

I'm interested in knowing how stable or unstable the newer releases of StreamFX are?

I use Source Mirror a lot as well as a couple of the other effects here and there

Thanks
Personally, I have been using the StreamFX beta versions and had few major issues. The b164 version is very stable and works well, but currently doesn't support OBS 29's final release (although it does support the OBS 29 beta versions). Previous versions of the beta work well with OBS 28 imo, with the only issue I've noticed on 154 really being that in conjunction with Move Transition, hiding a transformed source will remove said transformations, but I don't think this was an issue in the version before and it was fixed in 164 too. Maybe try it out on a separate install of OBS 28 and see how stable you find it first, then you can assess based on that what your thoughts are?

TL;DR: It generally works just as well, but ofc that's just my personal experience so use at your own risk of some bugs/instability.

Hetz BH

Hi,
I just updated 2 machines with OBS studio 29 and the latest StreamFX (0.12.0b164) plugin in order to see if the Prores issues have been fixed (IIRC - it was related to older FFMPEG which was bundled with an older OBS version).

The good news - the profile= parameter works, and I can create all types or Prores, from Proxy up to the Extreme).

One thing, though - I tested it both on an Intel 12th gen CPU machine (without any external GPU) and on Ryzen 5800X with RTX 2080, and on both machines with OBS 29 and this latest plugin, I cannot see the prores option in the Output->Recording->Type Standard, it's only available in the "Custom output" and I need to manually add the profile parameter (profile=1 for example).

@Xaymar - any chance you could it back to the UI please?

sundial

As it is right now, stronger monetization appears to be the only way forward. Purely from a funding standpoint, StreamFX doesn't even generate enough for two full work days per month. So most of my project-dedicated free time is spent on projects that do full more than that - and the rest of the day is spent on my job and relaxing.

Hello, just registered to say I love StreamFX, and would have no hesitation purchasing some sort of license or donating regularly through Patreon etc. to support the continued development of the project. It's one of the best plugins for OBS and absolutely essential to me and many other creators workflow.

Talonis

I would certainly support the purchase of a licence.

You really should be properly rewarded for your time, effort, and expertise.

aquaaggron

I personally can't easily afford a regular payment for support at this point in time but would be happy to purchase a license of some kind as it makes sense to support you considering how invaluable this tool is

andycute70

Hi,

Thanks
Have you tried using Clone Source by Exeldro instead of Source Mirror? Might help you.

Stuwot

Thanks for the replies to my post. Going to have a look at Exceldro's Clone Source now!

I think I too would pay for a licence for StreamFX, providing it's not an exorbitant amount. Would rather pay a one time fee rather than an on-going fee, however.

Orakel

Can anyone point me to this download: StreamFX 0.12.0 Alpha 151 to test it?
For any reason, today i just can find sourcode downloads at all versions.

Talonis

I think many people are tired of the “(financial) death by a thousand cuts” that is the subscription model but a one off purchase per major version number would be absolutely fine by me.

Xaymar

I think many people are tired of the “(financial) death by a thousand cuts” that is the subscription model but a one off purchase per major version number would be absolutely fine by me.
Such a model is not viable without other sources of monetization, and is unlikely to work with open source projects. It would require every StreamFX user to "purchase a license", which, as you can already see, is not going to happen.

Besides, Patreon has no minimum contract length or similar. You get the entire month (30.5 days) from the day you supported, so you can cancel the same day and the continue at any later point. This is basically a support contract that had no minimum length and can be interrupted/paused at will. Except on Github - not sure if i will keep Github sponsors around for much longer.

Right now is the first time in 5 years that I can spend time on StreamFX without having to worry about rent, electricity, heating or other bills. I'd argue this model is successful so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.