Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrethgir

Going by the information provided, it's probably best if you just reinstall OBS Studio/StreamElements.Live from scratch, and also reinstall StreamFX. Note that StreamFX officially only supports OBS Studio, and you're on your own if you use forks.

Okay, thank you! I was assuming it might be the route I'd have to go because something in OBS is latching on to this older version of StreamFX and not updating no matter how many times I installed a newer version, I even found an old version of StreamFX.dll and it's plugin folders on another hard drive and deleted those, but no StreamFX files are on or in my Installation OBS folder and hard drive.. so that was very confusing.

I am using Stream scenes collection manager I think it's called, I'm not positive how to make sure my backups for everything keep working once I uninstall OBS but hoping they do so I don't have to redo my entire stream setup again.

It looks like I'm only using OBS Studio 64-bit running as admin, StreamElements plugin and a few others so I assume that's the correct version because I installed StreamFX before with no problems.

jtstrecker

Hi there,

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I've not come across it before.

Recently I created a scene collection for a friend to use for livestreams, which included the use of StreamFX's SDF Effects for an Outer Glow and the 3D Transform effect. Everything worked perfectly on my computer. However, after they installed StreamFX onto their computer and plopped everything else into OBS, the Outer Glow was on both the 3D Transformed shape AND the *actual* outer border of the source, like where you would click-and-drag to resize it. So there's just an extra glow around an "invisible" border. I had them just turn off that effect for now, but it was really helping to sell the effect we were going for.

I'm hoping someone else has experienced this and knows how to solve this issue. Does it make a difference that I designed the setup on a PC and they're using a Mac? (Aka, different installations of the StreamFX plugin, technically).

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Hrethgir

So here's a continuation of my question of StreamFX not updating..

I looked in the log viewer and see this:
"16:37:30.186: Failed to load 'en-US' text for module: 'StreamFX.dll'
16:37:30.186: [StreamFX] Loading Version 0.10.1.0-gc8484f65
16:37:30.206: [StreamFX] <NVIDIA Face Tracking Filter> Failed to load Nvidia AR SDK runtime.
16:37:30.206: [StreamFX] Loaded Version 0.10.1.0-gc8484f65"

I wonder if this is the reason why StreamFX is not updating, the failed to load 'en-US' text when I install version 0.11.1 from 0.10.1? Any ideas on how one fixes this? Or what is a good way to remove StreamFX plugin as an old version stuck on the PC, I see version 0.11.1 in the add or remove programs in Windows 10, but no idea on how to remove the old version or uninstall it besides just deleting the StreamFX.dll file in the OBS-studio plugins folder.

I will attempt uninstalling OBS studio as well to fix this but I'm trying all methods before resorting to that if there's a way.

Xaymar

The plugin expects both the DirectX and OpenGL backends to behave identically, however currently it seems like the OpenGL backend ignores or sets its own border color. You also really shouldn't use Signed Distance Fields for large sources, at best use them for smaller text elements.

Unfortunately without a full log file nobody here can help you.

Winsent59

Hello. I've been using "NVIDIA NVENC H.264/AVC (via FFmpeg)" for a long time, but after updating I ran into a problem, when I started broadcasting in OBS "failed to start broadcasting, output failed" when I enter -refs=3 or -refs=4, etc. this error crashes, does anyone know what is the reason and how to solve my problem? It's very important to me, thank you. P.S. Screen resolution is always set to 2293x960

Attachments

• 12322.png
    12322.png
    47 KB · Views: 91
  • 12321.png
    12321.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 2022-03-14 13-08-13.txt
    29.9 KB · Views: 24

jtstrecker

The plugin expects both the DirectX and OpenGL backends to behave identically, however currently it seems like the OpenGL backend ignores or sets its own border color. You also really shouldn't use Signed Distance Fields for large sources, at best use them for smaller text elements.

Interesting...it works just fine on my PC. I do have a lot of RAM and a great graphics card, so I'm not sure if that helps at all compared to my buddy.

Homer911

I was having issues with one of my video sources and as part of my debugging needed to uninstall StreamFX. I used the default uninstall option (with OBS shutdown), but this resulted in OBS becoming corrupted - every time I opened OBS subsequently, it reported an error and shut down (I'm on the current version). I ended up having to uninstall OBS (keeping user settings) and reinstalling from a fresh download in order to get it working again

Xaymar

The bundled uninstaller only touches StreamFX files, and should warn you if something is still using the files in question. In the event that it doesn't (a higher privileged process is using the files which is invisible to the uninstaller), some files may fail to be removed, and as such you end up with a partial StreamFX uninstallation. Normally you should get a prompt asking you to reboot your system if that happens.

Unfortunately without crash logs it is impossible to tell.

Homer911

The bundled uninstaller only touches StreamFX files, and should warn you if something is still using the files in question. In the event that it doesn't (a higher privileged process is using the files which is invisible to the uninstaller), some files may fail to be removed, and as such you end up with a partial StreamFX uninstallation. Normally you should get a prompt asking you to reboot your system if that happens.

Unfortunately without crash logs it is impossible to tell.
Thanks, noted

programen

Hello guys. Can you tell me best settings for nvenc h.264/avc (via ffmpeg)? I can't find it(((( Need settings for Stream and Dynamic Games (Escape From Tarkov) GPU : GTX 980ti (1664x936 48FPS 6KBs)

ifrank

Hi,

I tried posting a while back on the Mac Support forum: hope it's OK to repeat here.

I recently found that for my main scene collection, the OBS interface cartwheels, with the log file filling up with StreamFX messages.
Example log file lines, plus full log attached.

> [StreamFX] Unexpected exception in function '_video_render_filter': std::exception.
> Last log entry repeated for 120 more lines

This is on a late 2019 Intel MacBook Pro, Big Sur 11.6.4, originally with OBS 27.2.2, the same with OBS 27.2.4.

There is no crash log, as OBS doesn't crash, just takes up >200% CPU. I can still use Touch Portal to change between some scenes,
and some other scene collections seem to be unaffected, but this main one has become unusable. I tried re-installing StreamFX,
following the install guide, but no change.

Since I'd like to salvage this scene collection, I am thinking of directly editing the .json file to selectively remove StreamFX filters.
I suppose my questions would be:

- does editing the .json file in this way stand a chance of succeeding, or there are other dependencies that make this unlikely?

- which json editors are particularly suited for this purpose?

- which filters to prioritise in editing? (I can't tell from the error messages what is likely to be the main problem)

- tips for setup combinations to be careful of avoid to this kind of problem in the future?

Thanks much for any help from the knowledgeable folk here.

Attachments

• 2022-03-13-example-slowdown-log.txt
    107.7 KB · Views: 25

Xaymar

This is the first time I've seen this behavior and the message suggests that the error is not originating from StreamFX itself, but a library it depends on. All StreamFX errors inherit from std::runtime_error, so they should always come with a message, but this appears to be an unknown exception not inheriting from std::runtime_error. There is a chance that the error originates from one of the Shader or Blur filters trying to load a file, and failing to do so.

Editing the scene collection JSON file would be one option. Just Search&Replace for "streamfx-" and replace it with "streamfx2-", which will turn the filters into dummies. Then you can undo that one by one (restarting OBS Studio each time) until the problem reappears. In the future, StreamFX will self-detect faulty sources and temporarily disable their functionality, as well as have the necessary source name information in the log.

fannypackdave

I recently got a new computer and when i download streamfx there's no option to remove the backgrounds like on my previous computer using streamfx in obs

Bigshot0910

I've been using StreamFX for the Virtual Greenscreen filter powered by the Nvidia API. Every time I close and re-open OBS I have to go into my camera source and change the filter between quality and performance to get it to work again. Any idea how to fix this?

spooky84

guys i'm stuck on a problem that i can not resolve!

during my live broadcasts it's impossible not to notice a solarization of the color as a strong light during the scenes with light colors. i saw that on obs studio i had some filters (streamfx) activated but even removing them i can't solve anything. what do you suggest me to do?

Bar_be_que

Wow this is great! Having fun tweaking the encoder via ffmpeg. I have learned a lot. Is the lookahead frames a single lookahead frame like x.264 rclookahead is in seconds? or a physical look ahead frame? I see also in your guide you recomend 16 or more for turning which i have turing on my 2070 rtx super that I am encoding with. Do we get better quality going more then 16 frames lookahead? Also can I use the p5 setting slow for better quailty as well as long as I don't over load the encoder? Where else should I read more about ffmpeg settings and such that will work with this plug in encoder. Thanks Xaymar for this, amazing!

ifrank

<...>
Editing the scene collection JSON file would be one option. Just Search&Replace for "streamfx-" and replace it with "streamfx2-", which will turn the filters into dummies. Then you can undo that one by one (restarting OBS Studio each time) until the problem reappears. In the future, StreamFX will self-detect faulty sources and temporarily disable their functionality, as well as have the necessary source name information in the log.
Thanks much for the follow, and for this suggestion, which was far better than my original approach of trying to edit out
portions of the file. A very good tip to pick up.

Even with this, I was still finding the going a little tough, but I stumbled into a solution: close the log window (!)

On my system, this is a repeatable problem for this scene collection: without the log open, everything works fine, but using the menu
Help --> Log files --> View current log
starts the cartwheeling and CPU runaway.

This is the only scene collection I have that chokes on the log window in this way... I suppose the problem will be hard to
replicate, but maybe some clue to work with. Appreciate your positive follow on considering auto-detecting of faulty sources, etc.

Anyway, sorry for the slow report on this. Work crunch here with the start of financial year in April, but have have now
used this scene collection for live events a couple of times with no problems.

Finally, a big overall thanks for the work on this and on other OBS features. The people contributing to the development
of this project are doing amazing things.

Bar_be_que

I have a question, Do i use lib commands that obs uses to add custom settings to this stream fx enoder or do i use ffmpeg commands in the custom settings? Thanks. I want to turn on some features but not sure what commands to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.