Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaymar

And I did take the time to read quite a lot of the documentation and did search. Now. If you can make a plugin that works so well for recording, is it possible to adapt it to do the same and save to a URL or is that for some reason not possible? Many people would find this useful.

It is possible but not within the scope of the plugin. This is a feature request for OBS Studio itself, which should go to OBS Project Ideas. There's a few identical requests for this already.

And I did take the time to read quite a lot of the documentation and did search. Now. If you can make a plugin that works so well for recording, is it possible to adapt it to do the same and save to a URL or is that for some reason not possible? Many people would find this useful.
No, that is not possible to do using this plugin at all nor would be in the scope of this plugin

G0MJW

Well it can at least record to a file in the right format with the encoder extensions with much better quality. I just need to figure out if I can use that file as a source to stream from. That ought to be possible externally with a little c++ and a ramdisk without violating any rules of scope.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated StreamFX (for OBS Studio) with a new update entry:

StreamFX 0.10.0 Beta 3 (Testing)

This is a Testing release!
Testing releases are not meant for production use and should only be used for testing in isolated and controlled conditions. You can find the latest Production release here.

Enjoying the benefits of StreamFX? Then support it on Github Sponsors or Patreon!
The StreamFX project is only possible through your support, either as a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Xaymar

Thank you for newest beta 2. I found pretty much everything working fine, beside Colorgrading effect killing alpha channel. And I wonder how dynamic mask is exactly ment to be used. I created a (modified) luma is alpha version of a scene, and I can apply it, but its rather hit and miss to get the settings right. Any info would be welcome.

Hello, have you been able to test 0.10.0 Beta 3 yet? If so, is the observed bug still present? Additionally please note that there are two underlying bugs in the OBS Scene/Group rendering code that prevent correct alpha blending from working. See this issue and this other issue.

Meierhans

@Xaymar Thank you for your fast response. That second OBS issue explains alot of the pain I had in the last week...
I will investigate on your plugins asap and report back.

In general: Coming from compositing background (After Effects/Nuke) and done some VJing over the years as well (VVVV/Resolume), I found OBS to be incredible performant in handling multiple high resolution 2D layers, even with tons of effects on top. In my last project I ran a total of 25 chromakeys, 40 color corrections, multiple LUT´s, Blooms etcpp onto multiple 1080p/4K layers on a Nvidia 2070 without a single hickup. AFX would render this with at least 0,5 FPS I guess....

With the latest developments like OSC-for-OBS (https://github.com/jshea2/OSC-for-OBS) and MIDIcontrol (https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/midicontrol-control-obs-and-soundboard-with-midi-devices.940/) which allow to touch values in realtime from outside, we are coming close to a point that OBS can kick even Resolume and the like out of the water - at least for some tasks and for those willing to go the extra mile. Yet, for me there are some corners to cut, layer transfer modes would be one of the most important in my opinion - in case OBS architecture allows for it. As keying is very much in focus for me itm, I would also love to see some more advanced chromakey pulgins, and some FX to further fix/refine matte. I know, asking for alot..

Anyhow, if you find the time, I would love to have a chat with you about this.

Xaymar

why on Shaders the effects aint working its give me black screen?

You will have to be a bit more descriptive than "doesn't work". What doesn't work? What have you tried? What Shader? What about an OBS Studio log file like all support forums ask you for?

tygoz

is it posseble to get the render the blur more smoth for the pc becouse my pc is laging if i had the filter on

greg.k

For the 3D Transform filter, I have X Y co-ordinates of 4 points within a "virtual set" where I want to display an input. I unerstand your XYZ rotation principles. Has anyone done the math that will allow converting 4 XY co-ordinates into rotational settings that can be used with 3D Transform in StreamFX ???

TerrierDarts

Good day, i had a friend copy and paste one of my scenes... This scene had many source mirrors and now on her obs the source mirrors arent showing and will say no properties available. does anyone know of a fix or solution to this....many thanks

Xaymar

Good day, i had a friend copy and paste one of my scenes... This scene had many source mirrors and now on her obs the source mirrors arent showing and will say no properties available. does anyone know of a fix or solution to this....many thanks

As already explained on the Discord, have your friend install StreamFX.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated StreamFX (for OBS Studio) with a new update entry:

StreamFX 0.10.0

Enjoying the benefits of StreamFX? Then support it on Github Sponsors or Patreon!
The StreamFX project is only possible through your support, either as a translator or as a Supporter on either Patreon or Github. Your support helps keep StreamFX free from Ads, even if it's just translating a few lines per month, or 1$ per month. If continuous support isn't your thing, maybe a one-time donation via...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Xaymar

Hello sir! Thanks for the update.

Any plans on releasing the zip file for manual installation? I could not find it in the assets tab on your GitHub releases page...

Thanks!

The stable releases no longer have Archives (.zip, .7z) due to an increase in support traffic, as users apparently refuse to read 10 lines of instructions and instead prefer to read >10 lines of support chat. The Installer on Windows in the future will offer an option to extract instead of install, however it did not make it into the 0.10 release.

This change was announced on 2021-03-27, a full month earlier, on Discord and Twitter.

ASchneider

The stable releases no longer have Archives (.zip, .7z) due to an increase in support traffic, as users apparently refuse to read 10 lines of instructions and instead prefer to read >10 lines of support chat. The Installer on Windows in the future will offer an option to extract instead of install, however it did not make it into the 0.10 release.

This change was announced on 2021-03-27, a full month earlier, on Discord and Twitter.
No worries! I'll join your Discord to keep in touch with the news :) I just need to figure out how to update all of mine 5 portable OBS instances haha Thanks!

AptiX1

I have error. How to fix this?
image_49.png

Status
Not open for further replies.