Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Tribal

This crashes OBS whenever I try to use it. And not only that, the OBS windows stay open on my screen despite having crashed, even the task manager can't remove them. Only a full computer restart removes it. And before anyone asks, yes it's the right version and yes it's installed correctly.
Swiftly removing this plugin.

Xaymar

This crashes OBS whenever I try to use it. And not only that, the OBS windows stay open on my screen despite having crashed, even the task manager can't remove them. Only a full computer restart removes it. And before anyone asks, yes it's the right version and yes it's installed correctly.
Swiftly removing this plugin.

Well this is about as helpful as saying I got an error message, and replying to the question "What did it say?" that you restarted the PC and didn't read the error message.

Where did you see the error? What OBS Studio version are you using? What Plugin version are you using? How did you trigger the error? Do you have a log file so I can actually fix the error if it can't be repro'd by your steps to trigger the error?

TrippIsWack

Out of nowhere OBS won't start and instantly crashes. Reinstalled completely and the same crash log comes up after streameffects is installed.

Attachments

• Crash 2019-04-23 10-26-39.txt
    151.5 KB · Views: 29

Xaymar

Out of nowhere OBS won't start and instantly crashes. Reinstalled completely and the same crash log comes up after streameffects is installed.

Crashes when validating a texture file. Do you mind sending me a zip/rar of your scene collection via private message so I can take a closer look at what happened?

Xaymar

how would I do so?

Your obs-studio application data is located at %APPDATA%/obs-studio (C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio), in it is a directory named basic, and in that directory is a directory named scenes. Zip up (or rar up) the scenes directory, and just send that file using the private messaging system of this forum. If file attachments can't be sent, you can alternative just upload it to Dropbox, Google Drive or similar, just somewhere where I can access the scene collection to see what happened (and then fix the problem).

TrippIsWack

Your obs-studio application data is located at %APPDATA%/obs-studio (C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio), in it is a directory named basic, and in that directory is a directory named scenes. Zip up (or rar up) the scenes directory, and just send that file using the private messaging system of this forum. If file attachments can't be sent, you can alternative just upload it to Dropbox, Google Drive or similar, just somewhere where I can access the scene collection to see what happened (and then fix the problem).
linked

Xaymar

Xaymar updated Stream Effects with a new update entry:

Stream Effects 0.5.1

This is a hotfix release for v0.5.0, fixing a bug and updating translations.
Changelog
General
  • Updated translations from Crowdin.
Displacement Filter
  • Fixed a crash when a zero-length filename was given.
  • Fixed a crash when the selected file could not be found.
Transform Filter
  • Position, Rotation, Scale and Shear properties now have a proper description.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Xaymar

Xaymar updated Stream Effects with a new update entry:

Stream Effects 0.6.3

The big blur rework has finally reached an end, because today I present to you the new, more efficient, better Blur design! It comes with a new blur type called Dual Filtering, which can do the same work as Gaussian Area blur, but at much less cost.
Two new blur subtypes are also now available, called Rotational and Zoom blur, which can be used to simulate a rolling camera or a forward/backward moving camera. Clever uses of this can result in some really nice art for the background...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So i was curious as to how to make more displacement filters ? atm theres only 2 in the folder and i was wondering how to make my own or where else i can download them from ?

Xaymar

Where does the "obs-stream-effects" get put? Which path on a windows machine?

Use the installer. It will automatically find the correct installation directory.

So i was curious as to how to make more displacement filters ? atm theres only 2 in the folder and i was wondering how to make my own or where else i can download them from ?

The Displacement filter images are simple normal maps, with R/G 127,127-128,128 being no offset. B channel is ignored. You can either draw them yourself, or use Blender to generate them. I personally use Blender to generate mine.

Noodlebox

Is it possible to have more fractional control with blur filter? It either gets too blurry or not enough blur. Rounding to enough whole number isn't enough. It needs something 1.35 not 2.00 or 1.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.