Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaymar

The wording is still a bit ambiguous for installation because my OBS directory doesn't have a "data" folder. (...)

If your OBS Studio directory doesn't have a data folder then you are in the wrong place. The default installation directory is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio', this is the directory you want. See the following screenshot:
uc

spartanSTL

Created an account just to warn others - OBS was crashing for me after I had added the plugins to both 64 bit and 32 bit folders. 32 bit program threw an error, whereas 64 crashed silently. Realized I had an old version of OBS and after updating everything is working again.

Always stay up to date with your software folks!

Is there any possibility of adding support for animated maps for the displacement filter (like using a video map instead of a photo)? that would allow an animated displacement for something like animated glitched text/backgrounds. It would also be cool to see something like that put into a transition, where the transition starts a displacement effect (preferably using an animated displacement map) and halfway through transitioning to the next scene, then ending the displacement filter.

Xaymar

Is there any possibility of adding support for animated maps for the displacement filter (like using a video map instead of a photo)? that would allow an animated displacement for something like animated glitched text/backgrounds. It would also be cool to see something like that put into a transition, where the transition starts a displacement effect (preferably using an animated displacement map) and halfway through transitioning to the next scene, then ending the displacement filter.

This is possible with Custom Shader Filter/Transition, and may also make it into other parts of the plugin too.

Iankid

So I'm having trouble with OBS studio bogging down and "not responding" for long periods of time, sometimes a coin toss wither is crashes or not. And I'm suspecting the Source Mirror effect is the issue.

These bogging moments usually happen when opening OBS, changing scene, or, thankfully the least effected, opening new windows in OBS.

I'm using the Source Mirror and loving it, but if it is the issue, I want to remove it for now til it's fixed. One sign that it's the issue is that in the capture selection for the mirror, it has a billion "Source Mirror"s as select options. and just deleting all mirrors doesn't seem to clear this mega list.

So I guess my question is either, Is there a fix, or how do I remove JUST the mirror effect from my OBS?

Edit: I have tried uninstalling OBS and plugins, when the Mirror is reintroduced it goes back to as bad as it was. including the mega list of mirror sources to select

Even with all mirror sources deleted, it acts like they still exist when I go to create a new one

Edit: while issue is not fixed, I have found another way to get the effect I'm after. Did not know about the "Scene" source, and that looks to be what I'm after. so for now I'm content, though I have to make sure not to touch the "Mirror" source for fear of that mega list appearing.

Last edited:

rharris

Hi there,

I know it's been some time since support for Mac users has been asked about. I was hoping to get an understanding of what needs to be done on the code level (entire rewrite? simple API swap + bug fixing? something in between?) that would be necessary to make the code usable for OBS Studio on Mac.

Thanks!
Ruth

Xaymar

I don't really use any platform dependent APIs, so the only thing that would be necessary to get it working on another platform is a build system for that platform. I only have one for Linux as I refuse to buy Mac systems (even used ones).

centumaught

I had a really hard time with this installation too, and spent the better part of my day figuring it out, so I made a short tutorial for anyone having a hard time. https://youtu.be/pCFFo1SGlUQ
This is an amazing plugin that anyone using OBS would love to have access to!
Amazing job Xaymar!!!

Xaymar

Video Thing

For future reference (and as stated before), the contents of the .zip and .7z file are identical, and the file structure inside those archives match the file structure in an OBS Studio installation. You can simply extract the entire archive on top of OBS Studio and save 90% of the time you would otherwise spend doing it manually.

Tangential

I have the latest windows OBS bits running on a Win10 64 bit box and I've extracted the Stream Effects plugins and put them in the plugin directories. If I leave the 64 bit plugin in place, then OBS crashes. I normally use linux or mac so this is relatively foreign to me, but I set up a windows box so I could use this plugin. Not sure what to do at this point to get it to work,

Attachments

• Crash 2018-05-22 14-26-08.txt
    69.8 KB · Views: 64

SP_OBS

Any updates with the upcoming stuff? Really interested in the Stroke effort for my webcam (greenscreened).

Xaymar

Custom Shader Filters are in the current prerelease builds on AppVeyor. Development is slower as I have a full-time job to do work for.

notmateo

Oh man I can't wait to be able to use other scenes as displacement maps. That's the feature I'm going to use the most <3

Jademalo

Quick issue with audio -

For whatever reason, source mirror doesn't seem to be mirroring audio from a Video Capture Device if it has "Use Custom Audio Device" selected. When I then add the mirror in another scene, there's no audio accompanying it.

Is this a known issue?

In addition, I've been having problems when selecting "Deactivate if not shown" on the base device.
Essentially, I've got 4 Video Capture Devices from my capture card, one for each different resolution. I want them to deactivate so irrelevant resolutions aren't active and taking up resources. However doing this means the mirrors are blank on different scenes.

Thanks!

Xaymar

@Jademalo The currently released build has no audio mirroring support. Are you perhaps using one of the bleeding-edge builds from AppVeyor? If so, no, such a bug is not known to me, and I'm not actually sure how to fix that either.

Jademalo

@Xaymar Damn, that's a shame. I can work around it since I can just add the audio, but it would be more convenient.

I'm using the most recent stable build. It's 100% consistent. The source is a Datapath Vision E1S if it makes any difference, I actually would've expected it to be even more reliable in this regard than other cards since it's capable of driving multiple sources at different resolutions at the same time lol.

If you want any logs etc just let me know.

Xaymar

@Jademalo To my knowledge, the last stable (0.4.2) does not have any support for audio mirroring. That is a feature added in the bleeding-edge builds.

Edit: Related commit:
Revision: 410ba9df88b9c40514e9687e39e79bf417000d7f
Author: Michael Fabian 'Xaymar' Dirks <info@xaymar.com>
Date: 2018-04-27 23:38:49
source-mirror: Implement mirroring of Source Audio

From this point on, Source Mirror is now capable of real-time mirroring of Video and Audio. This can help if you need different filters per scene for your microphone or voice chat, depending on the scene (audio ducking for pause scene, no audio ducking for live gaming).
----
Modified: data/locale/en-US.ini
Modified: source/source-mirror.cpp
Modified: source/source-mirror.h

Last edited:

Jademalo

@Xaymar Oh, I didn't realise it had been added. I'll give the bleeding edge version a shot.

The second part of my post was in reference to the deactivation issue though, not the audio issue. Should've been a bit more clear. Thanks!

Last edited:

roguealcatraz

The gaussian blur worked fine however the filter makes my audio input capture (audio mixer yamaha AG06) becomes stuttering and very much unusable after a minute or two. The gaussian filter applied to a scene (not a video capture device). When i remove the filter, my audio worked fine. Do you have any ideas what is the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.