Status
Not open for further replies.

KibaKitsune

Since I can't edit my above message...I found the comment above about using version 151alpha for OBS Studio 28.1.2 and that helped solve the issue. I'm sure it would be helpful for others if that information was more easily found.

SkeletonBow

I'm trying to install this plugin on a Windows machine. The Production version is marked as 'Out of Date' and the latest Beta version I can't get to show up. I install it, and the filters don't show up as expected. Please let me know when this plugin is working again since it seems like the effects would be very helpful to have!
StreamFX stable is only available for OBS 27.2.4, there is no official stable release for OBS 28. The next version of StreamFX is in development but there is no planned timeframe for it to become available. The author has stated that it will probably reach stable in the OBS 29 or 30 timeframe, and will also be dropping support for Windows 10 in the future as well. The best thing to do for now is to use OBS 27.2.4 with StreamFX 0.11.1 for stable production setups.

Xaymar

The author has stated that it will probably reach stable in the OBS 29 or 30 timeframe, and will also be dropping support for Windows 10 in the future as well.
To be exact, once Windows 10 falls below 30% in steam hardware surveys, that's when I'll drop it. No point in keeping something around that less than 1/3 of people use. I went prevent people from building from source, but official binaries will eventually cease to support Windows 10.

guillemcostas

Hello, I'm on OBS 28.1.2 and StreamFX 0.12.0b164 doesn't seem to work. It doesn't even show up in the menu bar at the top. Any ideas of what could be happening? I'm on Windows 11, i7-12700H, RXT3060.

When I was in OBS 28.0.3 I was using 0.12.0a151 perfectly fine.

Thank you very much.

SkeletonBow

Hello, I'm on OBS 28.1.2 and StreamFX 0.12.0b164 doesn't seem to work. It doesn't even show up in the menu bar at the top. Any ideas of what could be happening? I'm on Windows 11, i7-12700H, RXT3060.

When I was in OBS 28.0.3 I was using 0.12.0a151 perfectly fine.

Thank you very much.

The release notes for that release of StreamFX indicate that OBS 28.x is incompatible. I've made a spreadsheet to document the compatibility of various plugins across different OBS releases:

Reaperz

To be exact, once Windows 10 falls below 30% in steam hardware surveys, that's when I'll drop it. No point in keeping something around that less than 1/3 of people use. I went prevent people from building from source, but official binaries will eventually cease to support Windows 10.
oof thats gunna suck.... my PC cant run windows 11

Marugawa

oof thats gunna suck.... my PC cant run windows 11

I doubt that you'll have to worry too much about it right now. Since Microsoft will be supporting Windows 10 until some time 2025, and it still has 65% marketshare. It's still going to be a while before it drops below 30%.

Also, no one is forcing you to upgrade any time soon, you will be able to run the older versions of OBS and StreamFX for some time to come.

That being said, if you still haven't upgraded your computer by the time Windows 10 support ends. You could always switch to Linux, or check out and build the project yourself.

Xaymar

This, it's basically the same as the Win7/Win8 situation. Eventually Microsoft stops pushing non-critical updates to the older OS, and then it becomes a game of "work around the bugs, or drop support for the platform". And it's much easier to just drop the platform, especially with next to no funding - contrary to a weirdly popular belief, StreamFX is not made by or affiliated with the OBS Project.

Maurici

logo.png
StreamFX is a plugin to libOBS (OBS Studio, StreamElements OBS Live) that adds new sources, filters and transitions to give you the ability to drastically improve your stream and recording setup past what was possible in OBS Studio until now. Whether it is blurring out a region, moving something in 3D, or just writing your own shaders as a new transition, source or filter - StreamFX has it all.

Hello, I need help, the latest version of streamFX, it does not appear in the OBS plugins folder. I installed the 11.1 alpha version, it installs, it appears in the plugins folder but it is not in OBS

Marugawa

Hello, I need help, the latest version of streamFX, it does not appear in the OBS plugins folder. I installed the 11.1 alpha version, it installs, it appears in the plugins folder but it is not in OBS

11.1 alpha? You don't need to use the alpha version. Perhaps you just mean the latest version of 11.1?
Otherwise, you should probably try the non-alpha version of 11.1

Then again, it's probably just your version of OBS. Since 11.1 is not compatible with the newest version of OBS (28 and up).
(11.1 only supports up to version 27.2.4 of OBS)

Marugawa

how to use on OBS mac? already sinstall but not show on filter
maybe anyone can help to fix its

thanks

Which versions of OBS and StreamFX did you use? I don't know much about mac, but If you want to be able to use StreamFX you should stick with version 27.2.4 of OBS. (and 11.1 of StreamFX)

Acey05

Sorry for the silly question, but by any chance, does HEVC have a greater cost compared to H264 on NENVC on P1 or are they roughly the same in terms of performance (ei: pretty much free from GPU stress).

Cheers in advance.

Xaymar

Sorry for the silly question, but by any chance, does HEVC have a greater cost compared to H264 on NENVC on P1 or are they roughly the same in terms of performance (ei: pretty much free from GPU stress).

Cheers in advance.
That's something you'll have to ask NVIDIA, but generally HEVC is more complex than H264, so the logical conclusion is that at the same settings, HEVC will require more work to encode.

Acey05

That's something you'll have to ask NVIDIA, but generally HEVC is more complex than H264, so the logical conclusion is that at the same settings, HEVC will require more work to encode.
Cheers, sadly I did try to search up nvidia documents, but there are no details about HEVC from them (your guides are the closest thing to even showing some info).

The best I can say is that at least on a 1060 (Pascal), HEVC is impossible to run reliably in OBS, even if everything is almost dumped to low, indie Unity games that don't have a specific type of Vsync capped frames are pretty much stuttering messes (especially if they "stream" assets during gameplay). Anytime a "new thing" loads in the GPU when it's topped out, HEVC will miserably stutter (H264 doesn't do that).

The only closest thing I found about HEVC is some random Advix site back in 2016 or something, claiming you need 2 NVENC chips to run HEVC without issues due to Frame Split. I don't know what it means, but oh well, cheers for the answer.

Suplink

Hey ! I've just updated obs to v28 and most of my plugins are working BUT StreamFX. I've updated it with the installer found on github but none of that is working. i've tried installing it with the portable option and putting all files in the plugin folder where the old streamFX plugin was installed but it did not work. any idea ?

krztoff

I wanted to update my StreamFX install, so I removed the old a117 version and installed the a151 build for OBS 28.1.2. This caused OBS to crash on load. I then uninstalled StreamFX completely, and OBS still crashes. Any ideas as to why? The crash report seems to indicate that StreamFX is loaded or trying to load even though I've deleted it.

Attachments

• Crash 2023-01-07 00-39-57.txt
    150 KB · Views: 8

bimo2512

Thread 'problem when selecting one of multi audio source at PIP' https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/problem-when-selecting-one-of-multi-audio-source-at-pip.162774/

Hi all,
My name Bimo just newbie from indonesia
I have problem when selecting one of multi audio source at PIP

Just try to make scene (scene name PIP):
picture in picture with 3 mirorred video (stream FX plugin)
source name ( video 1, video 2, video 3)

Duplicate scene PIP to make move transisition (scene name PIP2)
Have Same video and audio source between them

Unfortunatelly failed when try to switch audio source

Scene PIP with audio from video 1 active
and muted audio from video 2

Scene PIP 2 with audio from video 2 active
And muteb audio from video 1

Please give me solution for this condition..
Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.