Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaymar

Hm, I'm noticing Dynamic Masks are not working and are not an option as a filter any longer. Has this been removed?

Update OBS Studio, as the update notes say - which aren't optional reading material - the minimum OBS version is now 27.0.0

Xaymar

Xaymar updated StreamFX (for OBS® Studio) with a new update entry:

StreamFX 0.11.0 Alpha 1 (Testing)

This is a Testing release!
Testing releases should never be used in Production workflows and only be used for Testing, which is why it is called Testing. You will be on your own if you decide to use the Testing release in Production, and very limited support can be given. To get the latest Production-ready release, follow this link.

Enjoying the benefits of StreamFX? Then support it on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Tomani

Hey! I'm trying to use custom commands in FFmpeg, but I'm not sure if that's right. I'm familiar with x264 only. Trying to use custom motion estimation and others commands to improve deblocking. Is this right?
Sem título.png

Searched a bit, but didn't find nothing really helpful. Could someone help me?
Thanks!

Xaymar

Hey! I'm trying to use custom commands in FFmpeg, but I'm not sure if that's right. I'm familiar with x264 only. Trying to use custom motion estimation and others commands to improve deblocking. Is this right? View attachment 72120
Searched a bit, but didn't find nothing really helpful. Could someone help me?
Thanks!

StreamFX uses FFmpeg-like parsing, which is -KEY=VALUE -KEY=VALUE. If you want VALUE to contain spaces, surround the VALUE with quotes, or the entire -KEY=VALUE with quotes. The options you try to set are not valid options for AMD anyway, which will be very obvious with even minimal knowledge of FFmpeg, as you can run ffmpeg -help encoder=amf_h264 and get the actually available options pretty quickly.

I installed the production release of StreamFX and used the AMD-accelerated ffmpeg encoder last night for the first time, which I'm very pleased with. Granted, I'm using it in its out-of-the-box state.

However, I'd love to be able to install StreamFX into a "portable" install of OBS I use for testing purposes. However, while using the installer with the "/dir=(pathname)" flag does seem to work, it doesn't show when I start the program.

Any recommendations? I'd like to have a test setup I can use without worrying about killing my main setup.

Thanks!

Xaymar

I installed the production release of StreamFX and used the AMD-accelerated ffmpeg encoder last night for the first time, which I'm very pleased with. Granted, I'm using it in its out-of-the-box state.

However, I'd love to be able to install StreamFX into a "portable" install of OBS I use for testing purposes. However, while using the installer with the "/dir=(pathname)" flag does seem to work, it doesn't show when I start the program.

Any recommendations? I'd like to have a test setup I can use without worrying about killing my main setup.

Thanks!

The "/dir=(pathname)" overrides the default directory, which is only used if you do not already have an installation of StreamFX. At the current moment, portable installations are not supported by the installer for now. This will be resolved whenever I get around to it, for the time being you should either find the archives in the CI used for the release, or use alternative tools to extract the installer.

Christophe DROD

La dernière version de StreamFX ne propose plus « Displacement Mapping ». Comment continuer à utiliser ce filtre sur une nouvelle scène ? Merci de votre réponse.

The "/dir=(pathname)" overrides the default directory, which is only used if you do not already have an installation of StreamFX. At the current moment, portable installations are not supported by the installer for now. This will be resolved whenever I get around to it, for the time being you should either find the archives in the CI used for the release, or use alternative tools to extract the installer.

I installed Innoextract, using it to pull the contents out of the installer. Copied the tree of files needed into my portable installation and tried it. Works a treat, including showing the new encoder I can use on my setup.

Thanks!

--Katt. =^.^=

Xaymar

La dernière version de StreamFX ne propose plus « Displacement Mapping ». Comment continuer à utiliser ce filtre sur une nouvelle scène ? Merci de votre réponse.

Displacement Mapping was deprecated in 0.7, and will be fully removed in 0.11. Shaders are the replacement, as they can already handle this with far better control and quality.

Christophe DROD

Merci Xaymar. Quels sont les shaders qui permettent cela ? J'utilise des fichiers .png configurés comme des LUT dans le filtre "Displacement Mapping". Est-il possible de les utiliser avec les shaders ?

Xaymar

Merci Xaymar. Quels sont les shaders qui permettent cela ? J'utilise des fichiers .png configurés comme des LUT dans le filtre "Displacement Mapping". Est-il possible de les utiliser avec les shaders ?

The shader that allows for it, Dynamic Displacement, is currently available via Discord: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme.../805100836694523904/displace_by_normal.effect . This requires the shader filter to be applied to a group where the image and the normal map is vertically stacked, so as an example for a 1920x1080 image, the top half is the image, then at a 1080px vertical offset is the normal map.

Xaymar

StreamFX 0.11.0 Alpha 2 (Testing)

Testing releases should never be used in Production workflows and only be used for Testing, which is why it is called Testing. You will be on your own if you decide to use the Testing release in Production, and very limited support can be given. To get the latest Production-ready release, follow this link.

Xaymar

System Requirements are on the Wiki. The plugin was tested on a system as low as an i5-4690 with an Intel HD graphics card and worked fine, assuming you don't go overkill with the number of effects you use, and actually use the faster options in some effects.

Xaymar

StreamFX 0.11.0 Alpha 3 (Testing)

Status
Not open for further replies.