Bug Report Stream picture "dotted"

Dylonway

I streamed Amnesia the other night and realized there were weird dots showing up on the stream. I don't know how else to explain it. They would appear and disappear constantly and in different areas of the picture sometimes. I alt+tab'd out to check out obs to see what was going on. I couldn't figure it out. However, when I looked at my stream again, the dots had disappeared! Excited and relieved, I went straight back into the game. Unfortunately, the dots appeared again. I got frustrated and stopped the stream. I looked up the strange problem, but couldn't find any info. I gave up and assumed it was just Amnesia specifically, and that I wouldn't get the problem with streaming any other game.

Tonight (10/9/15), I started to stream SOMA and found I had the same exact problem! I have no idea what this is or how to fix it. If anyone can help me ASAP, it would be very greatly appreciated! I really wanna get back to streaming. Thank you!

Here's the SOMA stream from tonight with the problem:
http://www.twitch.tv/dylonway/v/19972270
It begins at 17:33. As you can see at 31:26, when i alt+tab out to check out obs, the dots disappear, but reappear when I open the game again. This repeats a few minutes after.

PC Specs:
CPU: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.6ghz
GPU: Sapphire AMD MSI R9 380
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X - 8gb (2x4gb) @ 1866
PSU: Corsair CX750
MOBO: some $70 asus board

Stream Specs:
Base res: 1920x1080
Downscale: 2.00 (960x540)
Filter: Bilinear
FPS: 60
Bitrate: 2000 kb/s

Harold

You tried with obs multiplatform yet?

This problem has been coming up a lot with R9 users.

Dylonway

You tried with obs multiplatform yet?

This problem has been coming up a lot with R9 users.
I haven't tried this game with multiplatform yet. I actually used multiplatform not too long ago. The stream was fine when I used it. However, I switched to the regular windows version because I couldn't find a way to use the CLR Browser plugin with multiplatform to use Twitchalerts on my stream. Is there a way to use it with multiplatform?

Also, thank you very much for answering my question! :)

Last edited:

Dylonway

Nevermind. I found a Browser plugin that supports multiplatform. I'll test out the stream and see how it goes! Thanks again Harold!

Dylonway

I did a test stream today. I messed around with a bunch of stream settings with SOMA and nothing helped. Then I tried some other games. Dishonored, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, and Star Wars Battlefront beta ALL worked perfectly. It can't be a coincidence that I only have this issue with only Frictional's games (Amnesia and SOMA). I'm going to contact them and see what they can do.

Here's the test stream I did today:
http://www.twitch.tv/dylonway/v/20214504

Harold

Have you tried using OBS Multiplatform with the renderer set to opengl instead of directx 11?

Dylonway

Have you tried using OBS Multiplatform with the renderer set to opengl instead of directx 11?
I actually switched back to the regular Windows OBS version when Multiplatform didn't fix the problem as Harold had suggested. I'll install MP again and see what happens. Thanks for the input!

Dylonway

And people have reported some success with switching their renderer to opengl
I tried using opengl with Multiplatform and my stream showed up blank. The picture was completely black. It showed up with directx 11, however. I tested it out with The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth again with Multiplatform, but unfortunately the issue occurred again. Thanks for the suggestions anyways :) Hopefully there can be a fix for this soon.

Cookiezi

I also get this and it fixes with OBS Multiplatform with OpenGL, I get way too many frame drops.
Games that use OpenGL to render such as Isaac cause it; here's a month old video from Rebirth with that issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dpD0ftaNW0
It happens with Afterbirth too.

I'm also using an R9 380 4GB, a Sapphire one though, with Windows 10 64bit.
I reported this issue to AMD way too many times, the new Crimson driver was released and I still have this issue ;_;