Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaymar

Is it possible to have more fractional control with blur filter? It either gets too blurry or not enough blur. Rounding to enough whole number isn't enough. It needs something 1.35 not 2.00 or 1.00.

You can use the optional Step Scaling to achieve a lower/higher blur than the increments that the blur size allows you to do. The Blur Size directly controls the amount of samples, so using Step Scaling you can get your desired 1.35 instead of 2.00.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated Stream Effects with a new update entry:

Stream Effects 0.7.0

Step up your masking game because it is time for Dynamic Masks! With this filter you can use any other source as a mask for any other source, and decide just how that mask should be applied. Don't limit yourself with boring old Image Masking and just use literally any kind of video source to mask content!

Signed Distance Field Effects have also now gained the ability to render Glow and Outline, which can be used for making things glowy and outliney. Note that as OBS Studio does not support...

Read the rest of this update entry...

scrillow

the blur effect is just what i needed! very easy to use. one issue i have is whenever i want to add a nice blur to a window or capture, my computer will lag and the fps will drop drastically. is this a problem on my end? is there a way to fix this?

Xaymar

the blur effect is just what i needed! very easy to use. one issue i have is whenever i want to add a nice blur to a window or capture, my computer will lag and the fps will drop drastically. is this a problem on my end? is there a way to fix this?

Use Dual Filtering instead of Gaussian or Box blur. Blurring is a very expensive process, so Dual Filtering, which is a much faster approximation of Gaussian Blur, will be able to do real time on weaker GPUs.

Use the installer. It will automatically find the correct installation directory.

The Displacement filter images are simple normal maps, with R/G 127,127-128,128 being no offset. B channel is ignored. You can either draw them yourself, or use Blender to generate them. I personally use Blender to generate mine.

Do you mind giving me a bit of a run down ? Ive never used anything like this before and would love some help !!

Xaymar

Do you mind giving me a bit of a run down ? Ive never used anything like this before and would love some help !!

For the Displacement Filter, you'd simply generate normal maps using some method like described above. I personally generate mine in Blender, and use the effect to create very simple offsets in background. If you don't know what normal maps are, there are plenty of tutorials and explanations on the Internet.

As for the filter itself, it reads the Red-Green value and takes 127,127 and 128,128 as 0x 0y. Values less than 127 either shift left or up, while values above 128 shift right or down. RG 0,0 and RG 255,255 are considered the maximum value that can be shifted by, which is -1x -1y to 1x 1y multiplied by the properties of the filter itself.

kabeltv

Hullo, was told to post my discord question here. Tryna get the stream effect plugin to work, I've put plugins folder into the 64bit folder, the obs stream effect folder into the data folder. Trying to use the effects crashes obs. I've obviously done it wrong, just gonna ask before I mess it up more lol
Crash report attached.

Attachments

• Crash_2019-06-13_22-59-33 (1).txt
    142.3 KB · Views: 41

Brandomanmods

The directory structure in the .zip and .7z archive matches the directory structure of an installed obs-studio. For example if you installed obs-studio into C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio, unpack it so that the data and obs-plugins directory match up, which pretty much just means unpack it to the same directory.
I can't even find a damn download link. What gives?

Brandomanmods

I found (what I think) is supposed to be a download link, and it opens to a page of coding? Can someone PLEASE HELP ME!? I need a download link and install directions.

Tangential

Is there any plan to get this plugin working on the Mac? I use it on a PC in the studio (which I specifically bought so I could use this plugin) but we are really mac/linux folks. If there is a plan for the Mac I'm happy to provide some support (both Patreon and testing)

DrKonflict

This is not working on Mac OS 10.14.5 afaik. I tried installing 0.7.0 but nothing is showing in my filters or anything.
Including a .so plugin file would be nice since this is looking like a really nice project. Can anyone give some info
regarding Mac compatibility? Thanks in advance.

Edit: So I just discovery this plugin is Windows only, like really guys? A plugin of this quality should
have a Mac version as well. Makes no sense imo.

Last edited:

Yurlyn

@Brandomanmods, the link is the download page. Just scroll down and you'll get the links. In your case I'd suggest the second link (obs-stream-effects-0.7.0.0.exe) as it installs everything for you when you run it. It's the easiest way.

@DrKonflict, I don't think it should have a Mac version. It would be nice but should have is a little... demanding. It may not make much sense to you why there is no Mac version but consider what is needed to test it: A Mac. And Xaymar may not have one in his possession. Not only that, the programs to build the plugin may not support Mac and nothing could be done about that.
Also, don't forget that the plugin is also in active development and the developer may just focus on adding features rather than port it for other platforms though I see there was/is an attempt to bring it to Linux, an OS that can just run on "Windows pc's".
Bottomline is that you'll just need to have some patience or develop your own version or port this version yourself if Xaymar allows it.

Last edited:

DrKonflict

@DrKonflict, I don't think it should have a Mac version. It would be nice but should have is a little... demanding. It may not make much sense to you why there is no Mac version but consider what is needed to test it: A Mac. And Xaymar may not have one in his possession. Not only that, the programs to build the plugin may not support Mac and nothing could be done about that.
Also, don't forget that the plugin is also in active development and the developer may just focus on adding features rather than port it for other platforms though I see there was/is an attempt to bring it to Linux, an OS that can just run on "Windows pc's".
Bottomline is that you'll just need to have some patience or develop your own version or port this version yourself if Xaymar allows it.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Too bad OBS's plugins don't have a universal format that works on Win, Mac and Linux.
This would make a lot more sense.

Yurlyn

It is kind of weird there isn't. I mean, the backbone should be pretty much the same, one might think. But I'm sure they will fix that in the future. Maybe there is some sort of lua script or something for Mac OS instead.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated Stream Effects with a new update entry:

Stream Effects 0.7.1

Tired of always using the same filters and sources? Why not just write your own using the brand new Custom Shaders! While still experimental, they will be fully working in a future update - if at all possible, that remains to be seen.

Or how about getting some professional Color Grading in your stream or recording? The new filter allows you to adjust Lift, Gain, Gamma, Offset, Tint, Hue Shift, Saturation, Lightness and Contrast live on air, and get some really cool new stuff working. Just...

Read the rest of this update entry...

natv

I followed the steps in this video (OBS Plugin installation tutorial for Stream Effects) but I still don't see any new items when I go into the filters of a source. I'm sure that I put the Stream Effects files in all the right places, I am running in x64 mode but even copied over the x32 files for giggles.

There must be something else I'm missing but I don't know what (?)

I'm running Windows 10 and latest OBS verseion. Were there any pre-requisites we need to install first or have installed in order for this to show up?

Xaymar

I followed the steps in this video (OBS Plugin installation tutorial for Stream Effects) but I still don't see any new items when I go into the filters of a source. I'm sure that I put the Stream Effects files in all the right places, I am running in x64 mode but even copied over the x32 files for giggles.

There must be something else I'm missing but I don't know what (?)

I'm running Windows 10 and latest OBS verseion. Were there any pre-requisites we need to install first or have installed in order for this to show up?

Have you tried using the installer? Also as far as I know, most tutorial videos are completely wrong in how to actually install the plugin, you simply just need to extract the content of the .7z file into your obs-studio installation directory, usually C:\Program Files\obs-studio.

natv

Have you tried using the installer? Also as far as I know, most tutorial videos are completely wrong in how to actually install the plugin, you simply just need to extract the content of the .7z file into your obs-studio installation directory, usually C:\Program Files\obs-studio.

Yes, but the installer somehow didn't put files in the directories, not sure why, so then I manually did it by extracting the zip file and copying over all the things.

Status
Not open for further replies.