Question / Help Stream echo when streaming from PS4 --> Elgato --> OBS --> Twitch?

alexzmercury

Hello,

A friend of mine has been having a problem setting up his streams. He plays games on his PS4 and streams then using a capture card (Elgato) to OBS, which streams to twitch. He uses two mic inputs, if I understand correctly. He uses his headset for his game and party chat, and uses the laptop mic (Logitech webcam) for the audio to the stream.

The problem is that the party chat (and maybe game audio?) echoes on the stream. His mic level is fine, and it is quite clear, but the stream viewers can hear the party chat audio with a noticeable echo. It isn't an infinite echo, but like a 0.25 second delay, where you can definitely tell there is an echo, but not enough for it to be infinite (like if you had listen to this device on).

What can he do to combat this? Again, I think he has his setup is PS4 --> Elgato Capture Card --> OBS --> Twitch. For his audio, I think the viewers hear his laptop mic (Logitech webcam) and hear an echo of his capture card audio. If he mutes his capture card audio, we can't hear the game audio. If he mutes his laptop mic (I think?), we can't hear his mic audio. He has tried checking and unchecking analog audio. With it checked, the echo is the same, but the volume is better for what we hear in game/chat audio.

If you have any questions or something, I can ask, but I am not sure how responsive he can be. He has went through previous forum posts, but it doesn't seem like anybody has anything similar going on.

I'll post the log file in the comments if he gets the chance to send.