Stream Developing?

thejdubb02

As you mentioned we should hopefully be seeing some multi OS support in the coming months, and we are all super excited about it. I was thinking, would you ever consider streaming your developing sessions? Or a few of them?

I know I have backed a lot of games and apps, and some of the devs have chosen to stream the coding of them on Youtube and Twitch. I know this might sound boring for many people, but while I work at home, I am often streaming something at all times. It can give the userbase a sense of involvement. They can also communicate with the devs while they work, AND there have been some instances where there have been other devs watching the stream who were able to help out in certain situations.

Sometimes we even got to see a test run of a new set of code implementation, which acted as a little teaser, which I am sure we would all enjoy. :D

This also seems like a very... Good development software to stream, since it is about streaming. >.<

This is just a recommendation... You would most definitely see me there if you do. ;)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Perhaps, watching someone stream development is pretty boring though.

thejdubb02

Jim said:
Perhaps, watching someone stream development is pretty boring though.

It can be, but with some good music in the background, its actually kinda interesting. As I said, it's just a suggestion, but I would be there if you did! :D

ThoNohT

Developer
I've done some streaming where I was working on the cropping feature. I also streamed most of the NohBoard development I did. It doesn't get you hundreds of viewers, but at least in chat there are usually a few people interested enough to give it a look.

If I know what's going on, I personally can also pretty much enjoy watching a coding stream. Lose the music though, if I want music, I'll play my own, commentary on the other hand would be worth listening to.