Question / Help Starting the output failed. Only for Streaming, Recording works fine

Radina

Greetings,

Today after finally Updating my OBS and my GPU drivers (that was the last time I swear. don't fix it if it's not broken) I encountered the "Failed to start streaming. Starting the output failed. Please check log for details. Note: If you are using NVENC or AMD encoders, make sure your video drivers are up to date." error message.

It was kind of irritating, since when I tried to record something after the Updates it was no problem, and still isn't. That works fine while still encoding through NVENC of course. Only streaming does not work and I can not figure out why.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled the GPU driver twice, plus a couple of reboots and some other tweaks in the settings, but nothing helped at all.

I have not had problems with OBS yet that I could not figure out, nor could I find any information on the new Geforce driver being not able to run NVENC, which would be kind of weird anyway since recording is running through that.

Any kind of help or hint would be much appreciated.

https://hastebin.com/hipicawuyo

Attachments

• 2018-08-15 20-34-18.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 57
  • OBS Settings Streaming.jpg
    OBS Settings Streaming.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 215
  • OBS Settings Recording.png
    OBS Settings Recording.png
    103 KB · Views: 205

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
H264 level 4.1 does not support recording at 1080p60. Is there a reason you're restricting the level and not using auto?

Radina

No there is not. Thank you very much.
I guess the obs update put it there, or more likely a misclick plus a mouse scroll messed that up. It absolutely fixed the problem to put this back on auto.