Songify (Spotify Now Playing & Song Requests)

Free Songify (Spotify Now Playing & Song Requests) v1.5.3

Inzaniity

Inzaniity submitted a new resource:

Songify - Gets the currently playing song from spotify.

# What is Songify Slim?

Songify Slim is a slimmed down version of my original software Songify. Songify Slim was brought to life because Spotify decided to shut down the local API which Songify was originally built on.

# What does it do?

It fetches the currently playing song from Spotify and saves it to a text file. Just like magic.
Note: It can take up to 1 second for it to refresh the song...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

n3v3rm1nd

What a fine piece of software. I removed all my Songscrollers and Albumarts because Snaz stopped working but yours a more than adequate replacement! Thanks for making this!

arsenicyorkes

Hi! I just downloaded songify but when I click the Refresh button I receive this message: "couldn't connect to the spotify webservice. please try again." What should I do?

Inzaniity

Parki

Could you re-add the update when paused feature? I like it when, if spotify is paused, the text file is blank.

axlmagnum

Amazing work man, working like a charm. Just an idea... could you re-add the custom output? It doesn't seems to be showing anywhere for me, also could you add an option to put blank spaces? This is in order to make the marquee look nice when we use text scrolling. Thanks!

Inzaniity

Amazing work man, working like a charm. Just an idea... could you re-add the custom output? It doesn't seems to be showing anywhere for me, also could you add an option to put blank spaces? This is in order to make the marquee look nice when we use text scrolling. Thanks!

Custom Text is kinda hard because I'm not getting the artist and the title seperated like before. I'd have to cut where the "-" is but that could conflict with artist who have dashes in their name.

I do can indeed make it so you can add more spaces yourself. Gonna add that in the next release and I might look into custom output in the future.

axlmagnum

Custom Text is kinda hard because I'm not getting the artist and the title seperated like before. I'd have to cut where the "-" is but that could conflict with artist who have dashes in their name.

I do can indeed make it so you can add more spaces yourself. Gonna add that in the next release and I might look into custom output in the future.
Nice! keep it up with this amazing tool bro

Inzaniity

Inzaniity updated Songify Slim with a new update entry:

Custom output & light telemetry

# Added light telemetry which is optional.

## Data which gets transmitted:
● UUID (randomly generate identifier, nothing personalized)
● Current timestamp (to evaluate how frequent the software is used)
● If the software is running or not (this is transmitted on startup / shutdown of the software, no service running in the background!)
● Current software version

## Custom Output:
In the settings window there is a new textbox in which you can set a custom output format.
Format is like...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Inzaniity

Gregory Hartley

Hi everyone... Great little bit of kit you have here. I have one problem though, ever time a new song comes on, the text box either gets longer, or short... I want to keep in the same size as I have it in certain place on my scree,.

Ive tired to use the crop filter, also the Atl Crop too without any success. How do I go about sorting this out ?

Inzaniity

Hi everyone... Great little bit of kit you have here. I have one problem though, ever time a new song comes on, the text box either gets longer, or short... I want to keep in the same size as I have it in certain place on my scree,.

Ive tired to use the crop filter, also the Atl Crop too without any success. How do I go about sorting this out ?

In OBS the best way to have it a fixed size is to use the marquee filter.

Right-Click the text source -> Filters -> Scroll
in there set the horizontal speed to something like 25 and limit the width. It shows in realtime how wide the text-source will be.

More info about the scroll-filter can be found here.

Hope this helps!

Inzaniity

Inzaniity updated Songify Slim with a new update entry:

Youtube (Google Chrome) and Nightbot!

Whats new:
  • Added support for Youtube (Google Chrome)
    • Only works if Chrome is not minimized
  • Added support for NightBot
    • Link your account in the settings window (just type in your Twitch name and hit link)
  • Added the ability to export and import the config (for example when you do a clean install of windows)
Fixes:
  • Fixed a bug where the app wrote "Spotify Premium -" or "Spotify Free -" in the text file when custom pause...

Read the rest of this update entry...