Question / Help Some problems with roxio game capture hd

DonStark

Hello,

When i'm using OBS and select game capture card i've a test screen monitor ( screen with all color ) so i download OBS multiplatform but i've also a problem ...

As you can see it's a problem with pixels ... i check with roxio game capture application and i don't have these problem, somebody can help me please ?

thanks for your help

Hi DonStark.

I'm afraid I can't give you any definitive steps to fix this but I have seen this on my Roxio as well. I tried for about fifteen minutes this evening to recreate it but couldn't. Here are a few random thoughts about things I might have tried when I had the problem.

1) Check the resolution setting on your Playstation, I had a couple of incidents where when I had the PS4 connected to my Roxio it forced my TV/Playstation to switch to 1080i. Not something I could recreate.This is over HDMI by the way.
2) In the Roxio software make sure the settings reflect the actual resolution of the picture. I assume this is already working as I think you can capture in the Roxio software.
3) In OBS MP find the properties for the Roxio and make sure the Resolution is set to Device Default, if it is try setting it to custom and choosing 1920x1080 from the dropdown. If this doesn't help then switch it back

Sorry I can't be any more specific, I know I had this and I know the Roxio takes a bit of tinkering with to get working but not sure if any of this will help.

Adrian

If nothing works then try posting a log for the technical guys to look at :-)

Osiris

Follow these instructions and see if it helps:

1.) Close OBS if it's open.
2.) Open the roxio software and get the roxio to display
3.) Close the roxio software
4.) Open OBS again and see if it works.

Laurenozzo

Same here. It used to work fine before updating OBS studio. I have tried pretty much every setting configuration you can think of. The Roxio software shows perfect video quality, but OBS has that glitch in the preview window, and when streaming/recording.