Question / Help [SOLVED] Performance Drop

Montiago

Hey, guys.

Trying to figure this out. I recently got a CPU Liquid Cooler and replaced my stock cooler. Prior to this, I was recording at 1090p 60fps with no problem. Now, I get a constant FPS stutter that gets much worse when I actually get into a match. Please help?

My Last Recording Log: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/ae581e46aedb001b2082

Video of how my recordings used to look like FPS wise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PKb-dO2rmg

Video of the FPS now (very obvious when viewing in full screen): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giLVrN-XhXo&feature=youtu.be

FerretBomb

The only way that changing out a CPU cooler will affect your recording performance is if the new one is not properly applied (protective label left on the underside, no thermal paste applied, heatsink not properly seated on the CPU).

Watch your CPU temperatures to make sure they are not getting too high, or causing the CPU to throttle itself for safety under load. If they are, you may need to remove, clean, re-paste and re-seat the cooler.

Also be aware that most closed-loop coolers require their pump to be run at full speed at all times, if you have any kind of fan control active and are running the pump off a motherboard fan header.

Montiago

The only way that changing out a CPU cooler will affect your recording performance is if the new one is not properly applied (protective label left on the underside, no thermal paste applied, heatsink not properly seated on the CPU).

Watch your CPU temperatures to make sure they are not getting too high, or causing the CPU to throttle itself for safety under load. If they are, you may need to remove, clean, re-paste and re-seat the cooler.

Also be aware that most closed-loop coolers require their pump to be run at full speed at all times, if you have any kind of fan control active and are running the pump off a motherboard fan header.

I've thought about that, but my CPU IS running cooler. It doesn't go above 35 C when I game, whereas before, it used to go up to 55+

Montiago

Fixed the issue. When I got a new case to fit the cooler, I didn't enter my RAM sticks in the right order, so only half was being used. After rearranging them, I can record at 1080p 60fps and stream at 720p 60fps with no issue. Thanks!

FerretBomb

Thanks for posting the solution! That's... definitely odd. Huh. Good to hear that you got it fixed though!