Question / Help [SOLVED] How to remove obs installed via .deb made w/ checkinstall

This may sound silly but I can't figure out how to remove obs now that i've compiled and installed it into my Xubuntu 14.04 system. I used the instructions that are within the INSTALL file for permanently installing it into my system, it made a .deb which is called build_20141007-1_amd64.deb but when I try various commands like
sudo dpkg -r build_20141007-1_amd64.deb
or
sudo aptitude remove --purge build_20141007-1_amd64.deb
or
sudo aptitude remove --purge obs
nothing is removing it from my system. Can someone please help me? I should've installed it in portable mode so that I can constantly recompile it and check for updates but I can't do that since I did a permanent install. I think i need to remove it from my system before I can compile and install it via portable mode.

Ok, I opened synaptic and searched for obs and the package name turned out to be "build", I must have wrote that during the checkinstall command when it was asking me details about the package. So the command to remove it without using synaptic (all I did was right click on the package named build and choose to completely remove it) would've been
Code:
sudo apt-get remove --purge build