Question / Help [Solved] Black screen in recording and sound lowered in PC when OBS is working

DonCaliban

Hi! before posting this new thread I have searched this issue but I haven't found answers.

I used last OBS' versions (different design version, I don't remember which one) in Windows 7. Now I have Windows 8.1 and I have installed last OBS version. It looks great with the new design but it doesn't work properly. I know how to use basic settings in OBS and I have recorded some nice videos with previous versions. But now I put "record a game" and the preview is a black screen, also if I start a recording the video is a black screen without sound. I have tried everything but it just don't record my gameplays. I know how to attach .exe game files in the settings so I don't know why it doesn't work as it worked in previous versions.

In addition, when I start OBS immediately all sounds in my laptop is lowered 50% (or less), even into the game when I'm playing.

I'm not sure it's relevant to include a log file in this case, but I want to follow the rules so I attached it below. Nothing in my laptop has changed except Windows version and OBS version.

Thank you so much for your help!

Attachments

• 2015-12-06 13-30-30.txt
    12.8 KB · Views: 197

Harold

How many of your game capture sources are set to "Capture any fullscreen application"?

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
You generally shouldn't be using multiple game capture sources in the same scene collection. All sources in OBS-MP are global, and game capture auto-hooks by default now, so you probably have multiple game captures all trying to hook the same thing and conflicting with each other. If you want to point a game capture source only at a specific executable you can do so in its properties window, which works the same way as OBS1. A better option is to use one game capture source and let it auto-hook your game.

Regarding audio being lowered, please check that ducking in Windows is disabled under Control Panel > Sound > Communications.

DonCaliban

Thank you Harold an Sapiens for your answers.

How many of your game capture sources are set to "Capture any fullscreen application"?

Harold, none of my game capture sources are checked "capture any fullscreen application". I have tried both check and uncheck but nothing happens.

You generally shouldn't be using multiple game capture sources in the same scene collection. All sources in OBS-MP are global, and game capture auto-hooks by default now, so you probably have multiple game captures all trying to hook the same thing and conflicting with each other. If you want to point a game capture source only at a specific executable you can do so in its properties window, which works the same way as OBS1. A better option is to use one game capture source and let it auto-hook your game.

Regarding audio being lowered, please check that ducking in Windows is disabled under Control Panel > Sound > Communications.

Sapiens, I have tried a new scene with a new source with a game running for test, but screen is still black. I attach an image to show you. I don't know what I'm doing wrong so in the image you can see my settings.

About sound, yes, it works now! thanks!!!

Best regards

Attachments

• OBS-test.jpg
    OBS-test.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 234

DonCaliban

Hi Sapiens, yes, those steps worked well! I searched before posting but I don't found it, sorry. It's strange because this thread is from 2013 and previous OBS version worked fine always in my laptop until this new version. Adding OBS file to Nvidia's control panel was the solution I guess. Thank you so much!

Best regards.