Question / Help Scrolling Text Help

Avnior

So I've done some research. I've figured out how to make text scroll. (See below if you don't know how to do that) However, the text I have fills up more than the amount of space that I have for it. How do you make it scroll through more than just the text that shows up before I set it to scroll.

Explanation:
I have 5 items in a list to scroll through. Before I set it to scroll, you can only read 2 of the 5 items. (Hence why you would want it to scroll.) You set it to scroll and it only scrolls through the text of the first 2 items that you could read before. I want it to scroll through all 5 items in the list.

How to make text scroll (OBS Studio):
1. Create the text.
2. Right click the text in the sources list.
3. Click Filters.
4. Add the 'Scroll' filter and adjust the scroll speed as wanted.

Please ask if you have any questions to clarify. I know I am not always the most clear in my explanations.

Thanks for your time,
Avnior

Avnior

Ok... Well I played arround with the settings a little more. And it had to do with how I was cropping the text to the right size. If you crop it under properties using the 'Use Custom Text Extents' then it cuts off the text. However, if you use the 'Limit Width' and 'Limit Height' under the Scroll Filter, then it scrolls through all of the text.

Hi
Unfortunately, everything I do is limited to my text
My text is two pages, but the program has three lines scroll
(I'm sorry if I don't speak English well. I live in Iran and my language is farsi)

Orrabein

Hi
Unfortunately, everything I do is limited to my text
My text is two pages, but the program has three lines scroll
(I'm sorry if I don't speak English well. I live in Iran and my language is farsi)

When you add the file, down towards the bottom of the options, check the box by "Chatlog Mode," then increase the number in "Chatlog Line Limit" until it is high enough to show all of your text.

rod_orc

When i do the scrolling from a file (a small word) it loops without any space between the end and the beginning of the word (the word "factory" appears "factoryfactoryfactory"). Is there any way to have a space without editing the file?

Isabel Ringing

I used a hard space <alt key + 255> after the word in the file. It also works to create a blank line after the text for vertical scrolling. Otherwise it looks like
The stream will
begin shortly,
please stand by.
The stream will
begin shortly,
please stand by.

Keith Schneider

Can anyone say how to make the text scroll filter restart the text body From the beginning of the file (reading from file). I'm trying to do a vertical text intro scroll and when I activate the text source, it seems to randomly (sort of) start from an uncontrolled start point. I seriously want the thing to start the screen area blank (using a bunch of blank lines to begin the file) and scroll upward. This is nearly useless as it stands actually. Even if I change scenes, when I re-enter the scene, the source shows but the tesxt is already somewhere in the body of the file - not good! Frustrated...

Keith Schneider

Well, I guess I figured it out - surprisingly, I just had to add LOTS more blank lines. Way too many to make sense me thinks but it's behaving reasonably now. I had plenty of blank lines at beginning so that if I looped, it would wrap aropud with blank screen space. Thought intuitively that would do it but more were needed - weird...

Nevermind :-)