Scene Editor "Quality of Life" Suggestions

DaxterSpeed

After a (minor) public complaint about the editor in the current stable release on Twitter dodgepong linked me the preview and I ended up playing around with it for a bit. I really like the new Scene Editor but I'd like to make some suggestions, mainly related to the preview editing functionality:
  1. Prioritize adding back context menus in the stream preview. The "original OBS" had these and they made it feel really natural to interact with the source rectangles.
  2. Source rectangles seem to snap nicely with the edges of the preview windows while moving/resizing but they don't seem to snap to each other. Having them snap to each other would make getting certain setups just right so much easier (of course ctrl would still stop them from snapping).
  3. A key combination or a handle to rotate the source directly from the preview would also be really useful. I'd suggest having it snap to 15 degree increments unless ctrl is held.
  4. An easy way to clone/duplicate any source. I guess it's sort of a niche thing but it's really something I would value.
I really appreciate all the work all you have put into this project and I absolutely don't want to come off as demanding. I just find "user experience" interesting from both a developer and user perspective and it was suggested to me that I posted this feedback in public.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
All great ideas. I'll write them down and see what I can do.