(S)RTP/(S)RTCP support

Stargateur

Hello :),

I am looking for a support to (s)rtp/(s)rtcp protocol in output of obs.

I am currently in a project about 2 years for my school. We want to do a web site and a streaming server.
But we want use rtp protocol because it's free. I read that obs has been rewritten to have a better flexibility.

So i want to know if it's possible to add a plugins to support rtp protocol like the rtmp protocol ?
We are at the beginning of the project so we are looking for some good solution.

I believe most of streaming website use rtmp because flash player handles it. But we don't want use flash player. We want a project 100% free.

We can do it ourselves, but i just want to know if it is possible. I just read a little the source and doc of obs. And I want to know how many hours it can take.

Thanks, and pardon my english.

Rodney

Forum Moderator
You could probably use the custom ffmpeg output in studio to send out video over rtp.

Encoder options are somewhat limited though.
Jyx0gg.png

Stargateur

it's fail when i try with a url

02:00:05.433: Error opening 'rtp://127.0.0.1:4242': Argument invalide
02:00:05.433: ffmpeg_data_init failed
02:00:05.434: ==== Recording Stop ================================================

j0xOZg.jpg

Stargateur

After research the plugins ffmpeg seen broken only work with file and file don't work on windows because it's add a "/" in the path of file.