Question / Help Ryzen 7 2700 x pair with RTX 2060 Super

wenn

Hi,

I'm just started streaming on fb live. I'm yet to join facebook level up program, so as for now facebook only allowed me to stream at 720p (unknown fps but probably 30 fps?). my question is
1. can i stream at 720p but record my stream at 1080p ?
2. when I try to stream at 1080p and record at 1080p, i got the error saying "encoder overload"
3. in the future I'm planning to stream at 1080p, does my hardware support it ?
please advise.

Thanks

FerretBomb

1. Yes, you'd set your Canvas and Downscale to 1080p in Settings->Video, then use the 'Rescale Output' option under Settings->Output (Streaming) to record 1080p local and send 720p out on the stream.
2. Post a logfile of a live recording or streaming session at least 30 seconds in length, where the issue occurred. There's a pinned thread at the top of the forum with instructions on how to do that.
3. Yes, the 2060 Super has the Turing NVENC core, which provides excellent compression quality (on par with x264 Slow, which is really good). It can actually do up to 4K 60fps no problem.

wenn

Hi,

Previously I'm using x264 as my stream encoder. now Im using nvenc. I capped my fps at 120 fps for apex legend. I think the encoder overload warning only apper when my gpu usage reach 90%. after capped my fps at 120fps, the encoder only appear occasionally. I guess that maybe my GPU kind a overload before this when running apex at unlimited fps. since the gpu running 2 task at a time (encoding & running games). For recording, I find it a bit blurry eventhough recorded at 1080p (cbr-4000kbps) MKV file. I play my replay using VLC player. how can I reduce the blurry ?

Please advise

wenn

hi

here is the log file. I just upload last log file ( I assume Obs only record log file after I click "start Streaming" am I right ?).
in this capture, a few times encoder overload warning appear. Maybe you can check which part is it based on the log file, I dont know how to read the log file.

For Recording, I select cqp (15). but for 10mins video, the file size is 9GB (which is very large).
Please advise on how can I record my stream without the blurry (previously record with cbr-4000 bitrate). for 3 hours stream the rocorded file size did not reach 10gb. I have 1TB of space just for my stream & recording.

Please advise.

carlmmii

- Update windows. You're 1 year out of date, and you will gain key functionality for reducing rendering lag.
- Run OBS as administrator. In conjunction with the windows update, running as administrator adds OBS to the GPU priority list to remove rendering lag.
- Do not use the "Max Quality" setting -- this forces 2-pass encoding, which is a CUDA function and may not behave nicely when your GPU is fully loaded

For CQP quality settings, the lower the number, the higher the quality (and thus, the bigger the file size). Experiment with higher CQP values based on what quality you are accepting of, and what general file size is produced.

wenn

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.
It's Working !!
now I have new problem, my recording did not capture any audio at all.
Please advise

wenn

Hi,

Problem solved. It appear my audio setting problem.

Btw, I try to use streamlabs obs alert. But it didnt work. Any idea!