Question / Help [Resolved] streaming and recording fps drops/frezzes

Zik Maker

Greetings guys!
So i have a problem. When im live i have these wierd fps drops or is it just freezing idk. Could you please help me out guys ?
recording seems just fine tho - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq9lizkYEbg&feature=youtu.be
and live version - https://www.twitch.tv/zikmaker/v/62706821

just in case - i have xeon 1241 v3 + gtx 960 4gb. CPU usage is around 50% and im using ''faster'' cpu preset. my gpu usage is about 70% . tempetures are always below 65 gpu and cpu.

recording and streaming settings - 720P / 60 fps / 2800 bitrate

Attachments

• 2016-04-25 01-50-46.txt
    20.6 KB · Views: 11

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'm confused -- your vod and recording both seem fine. I watched both videos and they seem the same.

Namthre

You were likely looking at my most recent recordings, as I think I have figured out the problem. If my CPU usage exceeds ~80% the stream will lose FPS, and by reducing the max FPS to 55 and upping the CPU usage to keep the CPU at around 75% it keeps the stream at a constant FPS.

Zik Maker

I'm confused -- your vod and recording both seem fine. I watched both videos and they seem the same.
the stream vod was really laggy and choppy. but now it looks okay. hm... yesterday twitch had some problems on their servers, i think it's the reason. i even switched my cpu preset to medium and still have 60-65% cpu usage. so if there was a problem its not my cpu for sure. But yes now that i watch my vods the fps looks fine. Once again i think it was twitch servers. Jim thank you for your help very much!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
You probably thought that you had problems because it's playing back in flash. Flash playback optimization tends to be fairly terrible and will make your vods look like they have lower FPS than they actually do. The big indication is whether your recording looks right or not. If your recording looks right then your stream is/was also fine.