Question / Help Red border around sources

bla bla

When you select a source it shows the boundaries or borders with a red border around the source is there a png for that or is it something else then a png

Banyarola

The red border is for sizing the source..Just click on one side and drag it to the size you want..
To get rid of the border and lock the source so it's not accidentally moved click the padlock icon next to the source in the source list..

TPM_Bright

i disabled the red borderlines so i cant move anything (it was an accident) But how do i enable it again so i can see the red borderlines so i can move my text again ?

Harvey S

click the padlock icon next to the source in the source list. ( unlock it) then it may be necessary to click in the preview window to get the red border to reappear.

TPM_Bright

click the padlock icon next to the source in the source list. ( unlock it) then it may be necessary to click in the preview window to get the red border to reappear.
no it doesnt work i tried it but the red borderlines doesnt show up , and the locks are unlocked already

gheedough

How did you fix it?
Just worked it out - Go to Edit > Lock Preview and untick it:
Screenshot 2021-05-02 172301.png

Ninjahedge

I have a similar problem with this, but it is weird.

I got a new Razer cam to replace my AVerMerdia camera. When I port the camera through OBS, I can see the red box, but I can't expand it to the extents of the available image. I can shrink it, stretch the image, rotate the image and reset it, but I can't move that box or expand it to get the full image available.

I don't know if this is because of the available resolution being higher than what it can handle or what.

Interesting thing, though, when using OBS to port to Zoom, I noticed parts that were not in the red box. So I am wondering what is going on there (and no, I am n ot using the camera directly to Zoom...).

It seems I can move the image around, but I can't drag it or the red border so that I get what I want to see on the stream.

Any clues?