Bug Report Recording Stutter Problem (Not Game Lag)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZazzCreation

When I try and record any game, My game does not lag, but the preview screen when recording stutters a LOT, which causes the output file to be super laggy. Like I said My game doesn't lag, but the software itself does. I have looked up the best setting for recording and etc. It worked PERFECTLY before, but recently I have been getting this problem with the exact settings. Please help!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
"It worked PERFECTLY before" -- before what? Also, remember that posting a log file is extremely important, so if possible please do so.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
For every effect there is a cause -- so something must have happened to cause it to occur, whether you realize it or not.

And I still need that log file or I won't be able to determine what's going on.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Unfortunately I'm pretty sure this isn't a bug -- this is most likely simply due to the fact that you're only on a 2-core processor. For example, trying to do 720p using veryfast preset with only 2 cores. You really need at least 4 cores for that. You may have to either lower your resolution or use superfast/ultrafast to reduce CPU usage. The video encoder just can't seem to keep up.

Kharay

Were you streaming the same content before though? Do not forget that OBS is only half the story. The content you are trying to stream is the other half. That CPU may be capable of streaming 720p @ 30 FPS without much issue... if it has nothing else to do.

HomeWorld

Developer
Speaking from my own experience, don't expect too much from a castrated sandy bridge i3 (i have a sandy bridge i3 and I know its limits), anyway, you should be able to replicate the issue by comparing between the OBS version that "worked" for you and current one (all released OBS versions are available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/obsproject/files/ )

ZazzCreation

@Kharay It's not streaming, its recording, unless that's what you mean, but yes I was doing the same content... Ex. Minecraft

Kharay

Recording, streaming... it's basically the same thing. OBS takes time, it does not come free of a performance hit and that CPU of yours is not really designed to handle many intensive tasks simultaneously. I find it unlikely it worked fine before and now no longer does; if anything, OBS has only gotten faster in recent times. Not slower. But, as HomeWorld pointed out, feel free to download a previous version.

ZazzCreation

I can for sure tell you it worked in the past... I'm not going to go through the trouble to make an account here, and write out a long message explaining how something doesn't work. So yes, it does not work the same as it did in the past.

j05h25r

I also have the same problem and i have a six-core processor, i tried to make a battlefield video and in game i got about 66fps on average i watched it back and it was quite stuttery here is the vid
I also recorded call of duty and titanan fall which ran about 70fps in game but the recorded video is so stuttery its unwatchable. if anybody has s solution please help me!

Bwc904

I have same problem! I record and my computer is great just when I watch it playback it "Freezes for like half a seconds every couple seconds -.-

n3v3rm1nd

Same here on a i7 with a 675MX ... Game is fluid but stuttering occurs in recorded file ... Gone back to Mirillis because of this isse. Super smooth there...

Wolvenworks

i have the same problem where my game isn't lagging, but my recorded video is lagging (as in, the video freezes every couple seconds). what i DO note is that it only happens to games that i can record while playing at at least around 60FPS (eg: Chivalry Medieval Warfare, CSGO). TF2 doesn't seem to cause my recording to lag, funnily, even though i'm playing at something over 100FPS while recording.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
This is not a bug, you need to lower your resolution / FPS. Also don't hijack threads from over a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.