Question / Help Recording freezes sometimes but the audio continues, any advice for settings ?

rafarlox

Hi,

I have tried different settings, but my records always freezes in some moments. I don't have a good computer so that probably why, but if it's possible to improve the fluency of my records that would be greeted.

My log is here, thanks in advance if you have any advice for my settings !

koala

The log exhibits about 1% rendering lag, which means about 1% of all frames are lost within the GPU. At 30 fps, this is about one stutter every 3-4 seconds. It also exhibits 20-30% lost frames due to encoding lag, which means your CPU is not powerful enough to encode one frame every 33ms, which is required to get a frame rate of 30 fps.
You waste a bit of CPU by rescaling 2 times: disable "Rescale Output" in the encoder settings and set Video->Output (scaled) Resolution to your desired final video resolution.
It may also be possible that you can choose the Hardware (Quicksync H.264) encoder for encoding instead of x264. This would relieve your CPU from encoding.

rafarlox

(Sorry for the late response)

That's so much better ! I haven't done a lot of new replay since Tuesday, but the difference is here !

Thanks for the help :)