Question / Help Quick Sync in OBS for Mac

amsyar ZeRo

Hello!

First of all,watch this video first.

I tried to record Geometry Dash with OBS but sadly,the game lags so hard.When I used Quicktime,the game doesn't lag,apart from the reduced quality in the video.But still,how?

I heard Quicktime has access to QuickSync.Why can't OBS do that?

Is there a way to make OBS on par with Quicktime(as I really want to record with overlays.)?
(Also how to increase quality a bit without sacrificing CPU)

Log file:

Attachments

• 2015-12-20 10-40-21.txt
    23 KB · Views: 49

amsyar ZeRo

I researched for a while and I confirmed that Quicktime has access to Quick Sync.

Is there any updates on OBS for Mac to use Quick Sync?If so,how?
Please reply ASAP(title will be changed).

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
You could try using the Apple VT Encoder instead of x264 under Advanced Output mode. It's not suitable for streaming at this time, but you can try it for local recording.

amsyar ZeRo

You could try using the Apple VT Encoder instead of x264 under Advanced Output mode. It's not suitable for streaming at this time, but you can try it for local recording.

I tried it before,but every 6 seconds or so the video lags(not game)then it resumes nicely.The video here is proof.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Welp, like the release notes said, it's experimental, so I guess that's where it's at right now.

amsyar ZeRo

Welp, like the release notes said, it's experimental, so I guess that's where it's at right now.

Yeah.But I found a workaround for the time being.I just need to play it in windowed mode.Just for streaming.BTW it happens on this game only and doesn't happen on other games.^_^

Hope this gets fixed soon!