Bug Report Python scripting don't work on OBS 22.0.3

andv

Is python scripts currently supported in the latest version of OBS (22.0.3) on macOS? I'm trying to load a script, but unable to get any output in console. I've tried setting python path to /usr/local/Cellar/python/3.6.5 but nothing have changed, still no output.

Last edited:

andv

According to logs, it's trying to find libpython3.6m.dylib which i've located at /usr/local/Cellar/python/3.6.5/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib, but once i select this path OBS crashes with "RETURNING UnknownFS PLACEHOLDER: <private>" in console.app and nothing interesting in logs

andv

Changed python path via global.ini and was able to grab these lines from the log:

01:52:20.494: [Python] Python failure in obs_scripting_load_python:1675:
01:52:20.494: [Python] Error importing obspython.py', unloading obs-python
01:52:20.494: [Python] Failed to load python plugin

Rodney

Forum Moderator
Python scripting has never been officially supported on mac since we couldn't get it to work (also issues with the buildserver I believe). Doesn't appear that anybody has figured out why it didn't work or fixed it.

andv

Python scripting has never been officially supported on mac since we couldn't get it to work (also issues with the buildserver I believe). Doesn't appear that anybody has figured out why it didn't work or fixed it.
Actually, after some hours of researching i was able to get it to work on my own machine, by modifying some stuff inside of OSU.app, but unfortunately I'm not familiar with C++ and OBS source structure itself to make my findings into a pull request.

Actually, after some hours of researching i was able to get it to work on my own machine, by modifying some stuff inside of OSU.app, but unfortunately I'm not familiar with C++ and OBS source structure itself to make my findings into a pull request.
can you remember what you did to make it work? Running obs 23.2.1 I'm getting the following error when I try to link to my homebrew-installed 3.6.5_1 at /usr/local/Cellar/python/3.6.5_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/:

Code:
Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: unable to load the file system codec
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'encodings'
(same issue as https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/fatal-python-error-crash-on-startup.99516/)