Question / Help Potentially dropped frames, can someone look at my log?

kalle2k_tv

Hello, first time poster. I just want to make it clear that yes, a lot of my settings seem impractical, but unless they have a direct correlation with my potential problem, I do not wish to change things like resolution and bitrate.

My setup is extremely weird. My gaming PC should theoretically be powerful enough to stream and play at the same time, but the input lag kills me. I mainly play CS:GO, which uses only one GPU, but I do want to stream some other things such as Battlefield 1 in the future. My gaming PC has 2x GTX 1080s, and an i7 5820k @4.4ghz. The quality difference between nvenc and x264 CPU encoding is so different for the same bitrates, which make having a good looking nvenc stream on Twitch nearly impossible. In order to combat this, I went to ebay, bought a bunch of server parts for under $400, and built a workstation with 2x x5650 6 core 12 thread processors, @2.66ghz (2.9ghz boost) each. I already disabled NUMA, so there is no problem there. By using an RTMP NGINX server, I use nvenc to stream a 50,000 bitrate video @1080p to my stream PC, then I have that encode it using its CPUs and send it off to Twitch.

Some things that should be noted:
The log I will post has settings of 6500 bitrate, and 1536x864 resolution at 60fps. I understand that seems to be incredibly high for twitch, and I may lower to 6000 bitrate, but I am willing to sacrifice some viewers for the quality, as it looks WAY better. For streaming I am using the fast preset and some custom x264 encoding settings that will be listed here:

"threads=24 tune=film bframes=4 rc_lookahead=20 deblock=1:2"

Now, when I look at OBS on my gaming PC, it tells me I have lost zero frames, when I look at OBS on my stream PC, it tells me I have lost zero frames, when I look at my VOD on Twitch and look at the stats, it says I lose about 5 every minute, so the problem can't be there. The issue is that my VOD doesn't seem consistently smooth. It could just be me, but I feel like other streams are way smoother and more consistent. I have tried 720p60fps @3500, and it was the same scenario.

I am wondering if there is a certain x264 setting I have that could cause this, or potentially CFR. I am importing my video through the Video Source plugin on the stream PC. I also wonder if it could be a GPU issue, as I have a Radeon HD 4760 1GB, but it only supports up to DX10.1.

Obviously this can all be in my head, but from this log file, or any of the information I have provided, is there any glaring issue that could cause it?

Log: http://pastebin.com/cWnGyz52

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Link to a Twitch VOD that shows the problem? Dropped frames are a networking issue so if the logs don't report dropped frames, you didn't drop frames. Does a local recording of the stream have the same issue?

Also don't get yourself shut down for blatantly ignoring Twitch's bitrate limits.