Question / Help Plugins for Linux?

ZeroLabs

I was just perusing the available plugins and it seems they're primarily targeted at Windows. "Easy as copy/paste" I looked in ~/.obs-studio but find no plugins sub-directory. Can these available plugins be used in Linux or is there another solution on the horizon?

I know, I know. I'm a PITA.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
What you'll want are plugins specifically for OBS Multiplatform. There is only one plugin that has been written for OBS Multiplatform so far, the Browser plugin, and unfortunately there is only a Mac version of it available for the time being. You can try to compile it for Linux, though, as it should be possible.

Other than that, there are currently no other OBS Multiplatform plugins.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I expect a lot more plugins will be made for OBS Multiplatform once the Windows version is released. It's all a matter of having more developers making things for it.

i've been waiting for the dev of the browser plugin to assist me in getting the browser plugin compiled in linux but he must be swamped cause no response in that thread. ;( but dodgepong makes a good point, once obs multiplatform is more polished and out of alpha/beta the developers will start writing the plugins and that's when us linux users will get all the nice things. (theoretically)

NOTE: you could always develop your own plugin and contribute to obs. ;)