Question / Help Ping spikes

Azazël

hi, this is my first post and sorry for my bad english.
since last week i have problems with games like League of legends and CSGO, when i start to stream the ping increase from 80-90 ms to 120-250 ms. The last week it was ok and I dont move anything from my configuration. I tried to lower the quality to 480p and the bitrate to 2500 (i have 7MB) but the ping still the same.
The ping increase is in the games, the stream is perfectly working.

Last edited:
Nope, this log neither :-(

Otherwise start a stream for about 3-5 minutes and the you can be sure that your last log will contain the information regarding streaming.

DEDRICK

Goto Advanced, at the bottom under Network, Enable "New Networking Code" and "Low Latency Mode", then give it a try.

Narcogen

Don't see anything in the log aside from some mild rendering lag.

If you haven't changed anything, and OBS is streaming fine, then this sounds to me like a problem you need to address to your ISP.

Azazël

Don't see anything in the log aside from some mild rendering lag.

If you haven't changed anything, and OBS is streaming fine, then this sounds to me like a problem you need to address to your ISP.
ok, the problme only happends when i stream the game but maybe it can be the ISP, I will check it.

Narcogen

You said it only started last week, yes? OBS didn't update last week, so presumably it is operating the same as it always had, and as you said, stream quality or performance does not appear to be impacted.

So it could be your ISP, your computer, or something else on your local network.

Off the top of my head I can't think of a mechanism by which OBS performance would somehow degrade network performance for the game, but NOT for the stream, especially without any code changes where this did not seem to be happening before.

Azazël

You said it only started last week, yes? OBS didn't update last week, so presumably it is operating the same as it always had, and as you said, stream quality or performance does not appear to be impacted.

So it could be your ISP, your computer, or something else on your local network.

Off the top of my head I can't think of a mechanism by which OBS performance would somehow degrade network performance for the game, but NOT for the stream, especially without any code changes where this did not seem to be happening before.
Oh, TY, this help me a lot