Question / Help Performance/144HZ/Dual setup #help

Zepthus

Hi everyone,

I have two issues I'd like to discuss and perhaps get some advice.
First of all I currently have two PC's setup here are the specs

Gaming PC:
i7 6700K
1080 GTX
32GB RAM, ssd etc
Win 10

Streaming PC:
i5 4670K - OC'd to 4.5 Ghz
970 GTX
16GB RAM
Elgato 60 HD PRO
Win 10

Here are my OBS settings
2600 bitrate
720p/60fps, Lanczos
x264 CPU preset medium

Testing game: Battlefield 1

If I use my streaming PC I can only increase the x264 CPU preset up to faster, however is i use my gaming PC I am able to run battlefield 1 as well as stream with the above settings and keep the cpu preset at medium.

Is this normal? I didn't think between 4690k and 6700k there would be that much difference?

Now secondly and most horrible thing;
My main gaming monitor is 144Hz, my secondary monitor is 60Hz
If I set my game playing fullscreen 144hz there is major screen tearing happening when i run/turn.
If I set my game playing borderless 144hz laggy/choppy/screen tearing etc

After spending 3-4 days only thing I can do is to set the monitor to 60Hz from nvidia panel/screen run the game on borderless or full screen and everything is fine.
Is there a way to run my game at 144hz and stream properly without issues?

Also another thing is if I clone my 144hz display with elgato it locks the screen at 60 Hz.
Even tho Nvidia is showing 144Hz if I do the UFO test i can clearly see it's locked at 60Hz if i declone them and test it, goes back up to 144hz

Any ideas?

GurdiEEEsen

Hello, the best way to skip the tearing is previewing from gaming pc to your capture card, then go to your streaming pc and use the capture device. So you dont need to clone anything.

Let me know if this works better. Im playing on 120hz monitor without screen tearing using this way.