Optimize UI for 800 by 600

layarion

I know there is a .ini to change the settings so this might get put on the back-burner, but if i set my desktop to 800 by 600 to avoid down-scaling on windows 10 i can't hit the apply button when changing the settings in the Video sidebar.

I tried moving the window up, but for some reason trying to move it at all just causes it to instantly move off screen.

I would say the window is is a few pixels too long, probably because of the windows bar at the top of every window.

Just glad there is a .ini file to get around this, though it doesn't matter much in this specific case.

7 Days to Die seems to use raster HD graphics for their UI...i say this because even when i disable scaling on my GPU the UI still looks like blurry shit when i lower the resolution.

layarion

Why in heaven's name are you running at 800x600

"to avoid down-scaling on windows 10" he said it right there!

But I don't know what he means by that either...

The short answer: OBS's Settings > Video > Output makes my video blurry. No matter the setting, 1080 down-scaled to whatever never looks as good as recording at the targeted resolution.

Longer: I make how-to video, and for those i want my images to look their best. The 32 and other sample features of OBS produces a blurry image when you compare them side by side. Why 800by600? not all my games go higher than that, and frankly I don't like editing out the black space OBS adds in those situations.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
So set your OBS base resolution to 800x600, no need to change your native resolution to 800x600.

layarion

but thanks, made my life a lot easier. I was seriously looking up how to make batch files to change my desktop resolution.