Free Open Joystick Display [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Mendelli

You misunderstand @RetroWeeb, I should have phrased it differently, I'm not referencing the primary GUI. I already have everything set up including stream mode and my chroma key, I want to hide the L2, R2, L3, and R3 controller GUI elements from the overlay when I delete the binds from the binds panel. Please pardon me, I did some snooping in the plugin assets and discovered that you have these elements drawn from a single vector (xbo.svg). Since this is the case does this mean it's not possible to hide the overlay elements in the manner I described?

RetroWeeb

No worries, it's not snooping, it's open source! @Mr. Mendelli

No you would have to create a custom theme, which there is documentation on. However, since it took me literally 30 seconds to do, here is a custom theme you can use. Just point to the [Theme] folder using the [Select Folder] button on the themes and away you go.

Attachments

• themes-xbox-shoulderless.zip
    16.6 KB · Views: 95

RetroWeeb

RetroWeeb updated Open Joystick Display with a new update entry:

Open Joystick Display v2.1 Released! Now with more 80s goodness!

Released: March 15th 2019
  • 80s Joysticks and Joypads (Joysticks in the 80s Theme)
    • Atari VCS (2600) Joystick
    • Commodore 64 Competition Pro Joystick
    • Sharp X68000 X1 Joycard
  • Infinity Fix for Some Analog Controllers
  • Custom OJD SVG Namespace
  • Bug Fixes
Windows 64-Bit
https://ojdproject.com/downloads/windows/stable/x64/open-joystick-display-2.1-x64-windows.zip

Windows 32-Bit...

Read the rest of this update entry...

RetroWeeb

Have a separate gaming and encoding PC? We've got you covered! - Open Joystick Display v2.2

Have a separate gaming and encoding PC? We now offer a server that you can run on your gaming rig that will broadcast your joystick inputs over the local network to your encoding PC that runs Open Joystick Display. (Note that this feature is currently in beta) Give it a try here: https://ojdproject.com/

Trelior

Crazy question: Is there any way to show that I'm using a turbo feature? In my emulator, I have rapid-fire for my A and B button, and I would like to be able to show that I'm using it.

I understand that the gameplay would obviously show the effect of the turbo, but I would like the option to make the button turn a different color, at the very least. Is that possible?

RetroWeeb

@Trelior, question- does the turbo toggle show up in the tester? My gut says it doesn't- which means there isn't any real way for me to know if the turbo is on or not. (outside of rapid input, but I've seen speedrunners hit as fast as a turbo can). Typically from what I've seen, Turbo toggles are handled on the gamepad's controller itself and not through driver/operating system so no way to know unless you wire something up manually.

Let me know if you see it in the test section (or even the operating system gamepad tester) and I can work from there. Also, what model of gamepad would also let me research that further. If it doesn't then good to high chance it's not something I can do.

Thanks!

Trelior

It's not a turbo on the controller itself, it's a separate bind in the emulator and I just want to sho that I'm pressing the other button. I just want to know if there was any way that I could make the alternate bind show a different color is all.

I'm going to assume not, but I figured I would ask anyway

RetroWeeb

Switch Pro Controller Themes and Multi-Player Support! (Finally) - Open Joystick Display v2.3

Sorry everyone for the delay, been hard at work on the new Open Joystick Display that should be out in a month or two. In the meantime I've got some juicy new items for you:

- Switch Pro Controllers (Regular, Zelda, Mario, Luigi, and Peach Themed)
- Multi-Player Support for Controllers (Open two instances of OJD and control two different controllers using the Chromium driver!)
- Various Security Fixes (For your pleasure)

You can download the latest releases here for Windows, Linux, and...

RetroWeeb

Switch NX Server, Switch Controller Support, Joycon Themes, Pokken Themes, and... New XBox Themes!

A lot of this falls under the category of a long time coming. I know I just did an update but we had a bunch happen in the last few days that happen to make me update quickly.

First of all I want to shout out to Steven Mattera, he worked on a server for hacked switches so you can now use your switch as an input server. That means if you have a hacked switch and you stream- you can now show your inputs live from your console! I would say a first in this department. Go out there and play some...

unwary

Does this have the ability to add delay to the displayed input? To help with syncing the input display up with what's shown from a capture card.

RetroWeeb

@unwary that feature doesn't exist in OJD because OBS already supports doing it for you. Attached is an example of a video/window render delay filter that will work for your needs. This same filter should exist in other applications as well.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    145.2 KB · Views: 53

RetroWeeb

Alternate Colors for Switch Joycon Themes, Switch Streamer Theme, and finally new Gamecube Themes!

More updates! I've added alternate colors (reversed) color themes for Joycons for those not in the western region, there is now a switch streamer theme in the usual colors and finally after months of waiting the new Gamecube themes are done! As with the Xbox update, the flat ones still exist for those who want to use them.

On another note, this will be the last build of the 2.x series of Open Joystick Display (unless there is a critical bug), I'm currently in middle of a massive rewrite and...

RetroWeeb

@INS4NITY new gamecube controller themes are now in 2.5. That should be the final ask of your request. Please feel free at anytime to shoot me any other suggestions going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.