obs-websocket - Remote-control OBS Studio using WebSockets

obs-websocket - Remote-control OBS Studio using WebSockets 5.0.1

Vaesive

Currently have a browser source that has some audio in it. Volume is fine when toggled through OBS manually or through my Streamdeck.

However, when the browser source is toggled through OBSRemote the volume is lower (sounds about 50%). Anyone else experience this?

vugs

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not, but in the version 4.6.1 the server don't receive the stream key the way it used to in the version 4.5.1. I have a client in VueJS using vue native WebSocket, and I'm sending the JSON object this way:
this.$socket.sendObj({
'request-type': 'StartStreaming',
'message-id': '1',
'stream': {
'settings': {
'key': 'someKey'
}
}
})
With version 4.5.1 I can stream to that key, with 4.6.1 it takes the default configuration from OBS. I hope it could be fixed.
Regards,
Juan Pablo Rothkegel

tuxilus

Palakis submitted a new resource:

Websocket plugin - Remote-control your OBS Studio with Websockets

Read more about this resource...
Hello,
it is really great that with websockets there is a stable solution for interaction with obs, BUT: Because this plugin sends really every detail about every scene it can happen and did happen to me that in a complex rundown the length of the websocket message exceeds 64K and that is the point where processing (based on Java) throws an exception error. This means reducing the number of scenes and restart my OSC to Websockets interface.
I would suggest to implement a command which only sends back the names of the scenes to be able to use them for switching sequences. It is great that the websocket interface tells every detail about everything, but I dont need this for swtching obs. Only the names of the scenes because it is impossible to reference them by the internal number of the scenes. Because I am doing junk parsing to extract the scene names I have to mention that this parsing gets a little bit complicated because there are not unique names like the identifier 'name'.
In General: It is a great work and it is well documented, but please implement a protocol mode where only the main informations are sent.

Thanks a lot.

Daï-mon

Hi everyone !

I need obs-websocket in order to use OBS with my launchpad. But (I might be very stupid) I don't manage to run it in OBS. It juste doesn't appear in Tools
Please, can anyone explain me how to install and make it run easily (in english or in french) ? I'm just a simple streamer and I'm so very lost :(

Thank you ^^

Last edited:

ZiltoidRacer

Hi everyone !

I need obs-websocket in order to use OBS with my launchpad. But (I might be very stupid) I don't manage to run it in OBS. It juste doesn't appear in Tools
Please, can anyone explain me how to install and make it run easily (in english or in french) ? I'm just a simple streamer and I'm so very lost :(

Thank you ^^

i'm guessing you are running windows?
i recently installed this using the windows installer, then goto Tools and the websocket settings are at the bottom of the list under Tools.

Daï-mon

i'm guessing you are running windows?
i recently installed this using the windows installer, then goto Tools and the websocket settings are at the bottom of the list under Tools.

I'm using Windows 10 64 bits but, as I said, after downloading and installating, there is NO new option in Tools. I tried to install a lot of version (4.2 / 4.6 / 4.6.1), to use the downloader or to copy the files. Nothing works. At all. I'm so very sad because I need it so much :(

zxcv

Hello, i'm trying to use websocket plugin for change the webcam resource, but i need some parameters than i don't know how to get. The obs uses a reference similar to this to configure a camera:

"video_device_id": "Dispositivo de vídeo USB:\\\\?\\usb#22vid_046d&pid_0990&mi_00#227&3378aa86&0&0000#22{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\\{bbefb6c7-2fc4-4139-bb8b-a58bba724083}"

Someone can help me get the last parameter after the last "//"?

empirednb

Hi. Thanks for the awesome plug-in . I was able to get it up and running in a Vue demo app without much fuss. Salt Authentication works and i'm able to use the Heartbeat, GetStreamSettings and SetStreamSettings, nice! ..

I was hoping I might be able to Get/Set .. Settings->Output->Streaming->Audio Bitrate & Video Bitrate . I was browsing the protocol reference and poking around but unless i missed it I couldn't find anything. is this setting exposed? if not, can it be?

Jackripperpc

how do you use the web socket remote when your not at home on network and your streaming irl on your phone via rtmp through your at home computer?

jellytotz

So I have OBS Studio on my Gaming PC and also on my Streaming PC. Both connected via NDI. I have the websocket installed onto both and activated. All connected via LAN.

On my gaming PC I can use the http://t2t2.github.io/obs-tablet-remote/ domain and connect no problems. But while using the website domain I can't connect to my Streaming PC using Streaming PC IP address. I used the IP address of my local area network of the Streaming PC 192.xxx.x.xxx - what am I doing wrong? Says "Server not reachable"

lioran

Edit: NVM what i reported there was a problem with my code regarding packet bigger than 126 bytes
that being said,turning on studio mode crashes obs for some reason

Last edited:

lioran

Is there a reason why I can't connect to the plugin if it's not coming from within the PC? anything outside of 127.0.0.1 just timeout.
I wanted to make my tablet connect directly to OBSwebsocket but it's not working. so I have to make a receiver for my tablet then connect to obs through that.

Deffy87

I'm in the same boat. All of a sudden I cant connect to OBS anymore. Redownloaded the socket and OBS, still nothing.

Narcogen

Presuming that the plugin will need an update to work with 24.0.5 on MacOS.

13:01:57.454: os_dlopen(/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-websocket/bin/obs-websocket.so->/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-websocket/bin/obs-websocket.so): dlopen(/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-websocket/bin/obs-websocket.so, 257): Library not loaded: @rpath/QtWidgets
13:01:57.454: Referenced from: /Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-websocket/bin/obs-websocket.so
13:01:57.454: Reason: image not found
13:01:57.454:
13:01:57.454: Module '/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-websocket/bin/obs-websocket.so' not loaded
13:01:57.454: ---------------------------------

DerSimiGamer

hello, my english is not that good. After an update from OBS Studio, my OBS web socket no longer works and is no longer displayed under Tools.

Jaxel

Another bug to report... the number reported in `render-total-frames` from StreamStatus seems completely wrong.