obs-websocket - Remote-control OBS Studio using WebSockets

obs-websocket - Remote-control OBS Studio using WebSockets 5.0.1

Yurlyn

I have had this plugin installed for a long time now but it doesn't show up in the Tools menu. I used the latest installer. What could be going wrong?

Yurlyn

Never mind, I've managed to track down the issue by comparing and deleting and re-instantiating dll files and it was as I suspected, a conflict with another dll. It was Qt5Network.dll located in bin/64bit) which was put there in 2015... xD

I now have it working ^^

UWSCIA

Source Visibility... solved myself...
{
"source": "%name%",
"render": false,
"request-type": "SetSourceRender",
"message-id": "123"
}

Last edited:

Palakis

Developer
Palakis updated obs-websocket - Remote control of OBS Studio made easy with a new update entry:

obs-websocket 4.4.0

Only use this release with OBS 22 or above!

Changes since 4.3.3
  • TransitionBegin event: new from-scene and to-scene fields to provide source and destination scene names for the currently running transition
  • Bugfix: TransitionBegin event not triggering when using Transition Overrides
  • Improvement: better handling of "preview scene changed" events provided by libobs
Windows, Linux and macOS Install instructions: see the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

AS-3Ddruck

Don't work for me....
Installed it in the OBS Directory and got on OBS under Tools everything to set it up, but the Webserver simply don't start so there is no Page. :(

Fragfest360

I've found that any nested sources within a Group (The new OBS 22 feature) are not picked up by $OBStimedSource when using OBS Remote Parameters.

MartiieZ

I install 4.4.0 and run OBS Studio
when I run OBS Remote, my computer
Capture1.PNG

and my smartphone
Capture2.jpg

How can I do?

twisted86

Hi, I have this installed and working on my streaming PC, but I use a Elgato stream deck on my main PC. Is there anyway that something can be linked to one of the buttons on my stream deck to control things like muting, scene switching, starting/stopping, etc? Also, I am using the web browser, and when I add a column for audio, it does not show the audio from the NDi sources I have from Scan Converter. Is there any fix for this? Thanks.

USA-Podcasting

I just found this plugin and am striving to get myself educated quickly. Does the plugin need to be loaded at the streaming site and remotely at the controlling site? The remote streaming site is using a PC and the other controlling site can be MAC or PC is crossing platform an issue?

_ZLD_

The plugin needs to be installed on whatever computer is going to run OBS. Then you talk remotely to the plugin from whatever device supports a web browser and websocket connections. Most modern browsers, desktop or mobile, will be acceptable.

Lanpingner

Hi everyone
I am currently making a small software to my obs.I am working in VisualBasic
I would like to list my Sources In The Scenes.
Can anyone help for me with this problem because I dont know how to do it.
Thanks for any kind of help

hotag

This is an awesome plugin!

I just want to make one suggestion for the next release.

>In Studio Mode: It would be awesome to change the scenes in the preview window, and have an extra button for the transition.

I'm saying this because OBS is getting really useful for the professional use, but without a way to change the scenes in preview using a remote controller, being an app or ever a physical controller, it lacks a safety measure to make sure that the scene is well prepared to go live.

If this plugin make it possible, it would be awesome, because OBS its better and has more freedom than other mixing softwares like vMix or even Xsplit

Kevin Ross

It already supports studio mode. Use SetPreviewScene to change the scene in the preview window, and use TransitionToProgram to trigger a transition.

I would like to say thank you for this plugin. I use it with an Elgato Stream Deck. For whatever reason, Elgato have chosen to not support studio mode in OBS, so I am using this plugin in combination with my Stream Deck, with OBS in studio mode. Works a treat!

Thanks!
-- Kevin