obs-websocket - Remote-control OBS Studio using WebSockets

obs-websocket - Remote-control OBS Studio using WebSockets 5.0.1

Palakis

Developer
Another bug to report... the number reported in `render-total-frames` from StreamStatus seems completely wrong.

Please report bugs on GitHub. I'm not always reading the forums.

What makes think the value of `render-total-frames` is "completely wrong"?

Paul van Dinther

Absolutely love this API. I was trying to use a USB game controller to control OSB by issueing hotkeys but that was rather hacky. This API is just perfect. I am building a PWA app that can be installed and run offline that will present the input of many game controllers and midi in the UI. The use can provide the script to take the input data to control OBS in which ever way they see fit. It works beautifully already but I need input from users. Especially on what the scripting should look like.

This screenshot give you some idea what I am talking about.
example.jpg

The BU0836A is a cheap but high resolution USB board presenting to the computer as a gamepad. I build the shown controller around it. Just some basic wiring. Maybe I should post this in a separate thread, I don't know.

fenderjose

Thank you for this. I have successfully set up obs-websocket, port forwarding, dynamic dns, and t2t2's obs tablet remote so that I can control my stream from anywhere. It was surprisingly easy to do!

Now my question is - I see reference to password protection, but how do I actually set that up?
I really would love to know how you did this. I need to control a stream at another location and not sure how to connect. How much of it involves jumping in to the routers?

cvhvisuals

hello! Does anyone have an example how I can receive timecode using css, html, java?
I am trying to figure how to translate the call from:
obs.send.GetStreamingStatus, time-code
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

cvhvisuals

I figured out how to display the timecode in HTML, js.

The timecode comes into the page, yet only updates on launch.
I am assuming that the SetHeartbeat as a function would keep it alive with pulse?
How would I implement that into the timecode function I have made?

For anyone interested this is the app I am working on for Mac and iOS
OBSwitcher.jpg

cvhvisuals

I do not know when it will be release. There was a bug with the ToggleStudioMode command that the update fixed for my app creation.

Pingua2311

Never mind, I've managed to track down the issue by comparing and deleting and re-instantiating dll files and it was as I suspected, a conflict with another dll. It was Qt5Network.dll located in bin/64bit) which was put there in 2015... xD

I now have it working ^^
Im having the same issue... it doesnt appear on tools, what do i have to do? Please helpppp

WavingADime

I am anxious for a couple of fixes that are closed and would be included in 4.8, but no release yet that I have seen. I "tried" to look at Build Instructions, but QT libs are no longer exactly as noted and I didn't even try to create an OBS SDK environment. A true Dev, I am not. Any word on 4.8 release, or is there a way to compile myself - I just need a few hints to get the environment established?

timoelliott

I'm using a version of OBS Studio I built using these instructions: https://github.com/johnboiles/obs-mac-virtualcam, because I wanted to use the mac virtual webcam (and it works!). But I have no idea what I was actually doing :-) -- and I can't seem to get the plugin to load (latest OBS Studio, latest version of the plugin) -- here's the log file:

07:33:35.205: os_dlopen(/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-websocket/bin/obs-websocket.so->/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-websocket/bin/obs-websocket.so): dlopen(/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-websocket/bin/obs-websocket.so, 257): Library not loaded: @rpath/QtWidgets
07:33:35.205: Referenced from: /Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-websocket/bin/obs-websocket.so
07:33:35.205: Reason: image not found
07:33:35.205:
07:33:35.205: Module '/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-websocket/bin/obs-websocket.so' not loaded

-- is there any easy way to point @rpath/QtWidgets where it's supposed to be pointing (here, maybe? /usr/local/Cellar/qt/5.14.2/lib/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/Headers/5.14.2/QtWidgets).

[and I have the same error for the obs ndi plugin]

Thanks!

cvhvisuals

Is there a way to convert or subtract the decimal values coming from the stats (ex. fps, cpuUsage, diskSpace, etc.)?
Any help is appreciated!

Also is there a slack channel or discussion page regarding obs-websocket?

tiptronic

This is currently a Work In Progress. It will probably make its way into OBS in obs-websocket 4.9 (two releases from now).
Speaking about 'dynamically create and modify a subscene to use as an overlay for the real scene' (above):

Does this allow to add a Browser-Source *virtually* (e.g. by passing in an HTML-structure or string-literal), without the need to add an actual file?

JuanLiempo

I read that this was supposed to be fixed, but i'm running into the issue of obs freezing when I switch scene collections.

Basically when I change scene collections, its freezes (the window goes opaque and it says "(not responding)" on the title bar).
I've tried waiting and nothing happens, then I end up having to X out and then close OBS when prompted.
After I restart obs I'm on the original scene collection.
But if i uninstall obs websocket and then restart obs, I am able to switch scene collections without any issue.

Latest version of OBS and websocket plugin.

Need some guidance, because i definitely make use of obs websocket since i'm using programs that require it to sync with obs.

Was just trying to clean up my scene list by separating things into there own collections and reduce some of the clutter.

thanks in advance for any help.