obs-websocket - Remote-control OBS Studio using WebSockets

obs-websocket - Remote-control OBS Studio using WebSockets 5.0.1

Jaxel

I still think `heartbeat` is a superfluous function. Most of the data in it has been moved to `streamstatus`, which is great. But not everything.

There are still a few pieces of data that need to get moved over:
  • total-stream-frames
  • total-stream-bytes
  • total-record-frames
  • total-record-bytes

Filip S

I would like to be able to use websocket from my Linux/Raspberry PI4 - but is possible to install the browser plugin on this ?
Even if I can compile OBS 24 on a Rasberry PI4 with Ubuntu 19 64 bit - I currently use Rasbian/Debian boxer
it would be more easy to remote control the OBS compared to a vnc on a small device.

I have the Raspberry doing a SRT stream from my camera to my OBS and it would be nice to
just run the cromebrowser or firefox to conntrol the OBS at home also but its not really working without a plugin.

Manual install: Download obs-websocket_4.7.0-1_amd64.deb and install it on your system but I cant use
amd64.deb so anyway for me to make a solution for RaspberryPI ?

Valazdin

I tried to use the installer, but it fails to find OBS. This is because I don't install OBS on C:\ its on a different drive. It would be nice if we could point it to the OBS install and not have the software scan for it.

Second item; OBS Remote is connected (green circle on the page), OBS is connected (alert popped on connect), Chatbot is connected (connect is grayed out and alert pops). I put in the command $OBSscene("myscenenamehere") as a command and its returning in chat. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Filip S

- Ok did try the http://t2t2.github.io/obs-tablet-remote/ on a Raspberry PI4 with Rasbian and nginx and it was working.
but it was using port 8082 and I was able to use a browser on my lan to control the OBS on another computer.

So I did setup up nginx with ssl and proxy to the 8082 but I it complain about it saying security was fine but it
was not possible for the browser to handle this. (I have not tried usning a vpn connection)

Anyway t2t2 solution is nice - as you can include a frame you may need to maybe facebook or youtube studio page
or maybe have rtmp stats from a server included - not just for tablet usage and it was working on my Raspberry
chrome also - part of this would even be nice if it was part of the OBS Gui where one needs to configure and
see studio streaming information - view keys maybe but OK you can do this with a browser also but its nice with the frame option.

I am new to this nodejs and npm stuff and I think the version included with my raspberry was onld and I did
update it follow instruktions online for this but - I was going for a setup that not needed the internet acces,

I did need to run it development mode - I don't know howto start it as a regular service as a build but this
is my lack of know how ;)

andernunes

i'm developing with sucess a remote control using .net with similar interface to ATEM Control.
I will integrate with GPIIO control from audio console for simultaneous radio broadcasting.

Thanks for your time and knowledge.

davemac

Love this plugin but having problems with SetSyncOffset passingin a negative offset. The Get function returns a negative manually set in OBS, but the set gives a bad parameter error. Positive values work fine...any ideas???

Kane49

Hey Im trying to dynamically create and modify a subscene to use as an overlay for the real scene and this seems perfect for that !

Unfortunately i can not find the API Calls to create new scenes and scene items, do they exist ?

lioran

Since I installed this plugin, every time I close OBS, it just crashes and I have to go in task manager to fully close OBS.
Does anyone know if there is a way to fix that?

belgian_style

I'm looking to trigger a script using obs-websocket. I'm currently trying to trigger the Instant-replay.lua script running on a mac, but am exploring switching to windows and a different instant replay script to get me closer to my end goal. Is this currently possible or planned? I haven't found any mention of triggering scripts when looking here. Any suggestions?

StrikeDaMic

This is a WONDERFUL thing and opens so many possibilities, thank you!

Could you please add a hook for switching a source's output mode (only output / only monitor / monitor and output) please? That would make it even better for me. Thank you so much!

bwanden

I love using this plugin for running my black magic ATEM in tandem with OBS!

I wanted to report an issue (not sure if its just happening to me) but if I have companion open before opening OBS, none of my commands work after loading OBS and I never get an alert saying that the websocket is connected. I have to manually close and re-open companion before it will recognize that OBS is open.

Anyone know if there's a good workaround?

Narcogen

I wanted to report an issue (not sure if its just happening to me) but if I have companion open before opening OBS, none of my commands work after loading OBS and I never get an alert saying that the websocket is connected. I have to manually close and re-open companion before it will recognize that OBS is open.

Yes, open OBS first. If OBS isn't open, there's no socket for websocket to connect to. Websocket could be perhaps improved to provide an error in this case, and poll the socket until it is available, but the only workaround you can implement is make sure OBS is open first.

Palakis

Developer
Hey Im trying to dynamically create and modify a subscene to use as an overlay for the real scene and this seems perfect for that !

Unfortunately i can not find the API Calls to create new scenes and scene items, do they exist ?

This is currently a Work In Progress. It will probably make its way into OBS in obs-websocket 4.9 (two releases from now).

Palakis

Developer
Love this plugin but having problems with SetSyncOffset passingin a negative offset. The Get function returns a negative manually set in OBS, but the set gives a bad parameter error. Positive values work fine...any ideas???

This has been adressed and will be released in obs-websocket 4.8 (the next release)

Palakis

Developer

By "companion", you mean BitFocus Companion?

Btw which version of obs-websocket are you using? This issue should have been fixed in obs-websocket 4.7.0.

Palakis

Developer
I still think `heartbeat` is a superfluous function. Most of the data in it has been moved to `streamstatus`, which is great. But not everything.

There are still a few pieces of data that need to get moved over:
  • total-stream-frames
  • total-stream-bytes
  • total-record-frames
  • total-record-bytes

It is indeed a superfluous function. I want to get rid of it, but I don't want to break compatibility with existing applications. I'll get rid of it in 5.0.