Resource icon

OBS Virtualcam 2.0.5

natth

weird issue I wanted to report, in discord the stream is mirrored compared to the one in OBS. I don't know for sure where the issue comes from but I thought it would be helpful to report it, I think it was discord treating the camera like a selfie camera. My quick fix was to just reverse the image in the preview window then do the process again with any saved files I might pull out of OBS.

Apryed

First of all I wanted to say "Thank you" Fenrir for your amazing work on this MUST HAVE plugin.

Second, I wanted to post a request, Auto start function is for what OBS is "recording" at the time, a hotkey to Start/Stop or even an option to Auto start a filter will greatly improve this awesome plugin. I have VirtualCam filter on a Scene which I want to use on Discord, but it's a bit tedious to actually go to the scene itself to start it ( Which is shown on stream, if not using "Studio Mode" ).

Thanks for all your work.

weird issue I wanted to report, in discord the stream is mirrored compared to the one in OBS. I don't know for sure where the issue comes from but I thought it would be helpful to report it, I think it was discord treating the camera like a selfie camera. My quick fix was to just reverse the image in the preview window then do the process again with any saved files I might pull out of OBS.
Discord displays your camera flipped, but it actually is showing it correctly on the other side ( I never get used to it ).

jamienemeth

You don't need to use this plugin anymore.
Just click the "Start Virtual Camera" button in OBS

Yes, yes we very much do!

I've recently gone back to using this one, due to the fact you can set up four virtual cameras. It successfully avoids me having to use two instances of OBS and NDI in my particular use case (sending multiple source feeds independently to OBS.Ninja).

If you only have the need for one virtual camera, it's much of a muchness. But for the rest of us, please keep this plugin going! It's definitely not redundant!

JNacho

I just placed a review about this tool and found that the virtual camera does some extra power consumption that my mini-ITX motherboard could not handle. After switching to a 4K60S+ and 1 Elgato cam link 4K instead of 2 the plugin works really well. The only issue I now have is that the virtual camera only keeps working on sources that are visible in the scene. The moment I switch scenes and original source is not visible in the bigger source, the virtual camera stops sending a signal and the screen turns black. The sources have to be on at all times for this to work flawlessly.

tinodo

When I add one of the VirtualCams as a filter on a scene, and start it, everything works as expected; the camera always shows the scene to which it is added. Yet, I always have to manually start the camera (there is no hotkey or command for it).
When I now go to Tools --> VirtualCam and check AutoStart, the VirtualCam does start at startup, but the VirtualCam shows the current active scene in OBS Studio., and not the scene it is added to as a filter
I love to be able to show a certain scene as a camera, and I would like to automatically start that camera at startup. For some reason, this appears to be broken.

Can this be 'fixed' or is this behavior 'as designed'?

Fenrir

Forum Admin
The start/autostart options from the Tools menu control the Program view output, not filters, so this is working as designed. There is no autostart options for filters, and it is unlikely that this will be fixed as this plugin has been effectively deprecated in favor of the native Virtual Camera support in the latest OBS Studio version. Your use case (a filter on a specific scene/source) is why this plugin is still around, but unfortunately I will not be spending any development time on it. If someone wants to submit a PR, I'd be happy to test/review and release a new version, however.

JonyPro

Works extremely well but is it bad/good or doesn't matter if I have the VirtualCam 'Autostart'? Or should I Start and Stop when I need to?

Renth

Unfortunately the plugin does not seem to work for me. Trying to get VCam running with portable OBS on Win 10 but it is neither recognised in Windows device listings nor in zoom. I tried the zip file of the plugin and the installer - nothing works. The virtual cam does not show up anywhere while it is running in OBS (autostart). Tried running OBS as admin and in as normal user - nothing helps.
(I have another virtual cam installe ivcam to use my mobile as 2nd webcam. This one shows up in zoom, but not OBS VCam.)
How can I get this working? Or do I have to use the installable version of OBS to get this running?

Any idea about on how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Renth

Just used the OBS installer to install OBS instead of using the portable version. Same for the VCam. Now OBS camera and OBS VCam ist listed in zoom video sources. So seems this does not work with the OBS portable version. Maybe I missed that in the explanations or instructions for OBS and VCam.

Timboxyz

I upgraded OBS to a version containing the built-in version of this thinking it would install over the top but now have 2 Virtual cameras listed, one of which (OBS Virtual Camera) works as expected and the other a dummy non-existent one.

I have tried various ways of removing the redundant version to no avail. Uninstalling OBS still leaves the dead one showing. I cannot use the GitHub "regsvr32..." suggestion as there is no virtualsource.dll to unregister.

How can I get rid of this unwanted and unusable virtual camera?

clownrat

Hello, i'm not sure if this is the right place, but could you please add a way to set the virtual cameras maximum and minimum resolution? i have a certain aspect ratio that i would like the camera to be in, but the Omegle sees 1920x1080 (16:9) when detecting the maximum resolution and sticks to it rather than my set resolution, 2048x1536 (4:3), making my camera stretched and ugly. I've done this exact resolution on Omegle with SparkoCam and ManyCam and they had no trouble with it. Also, it works just fine and keeps the 4:3 ratio with other apps, but it doesn't work properly in Omegle the way i want it to. Please add this!

cr08

Just got around to playing around with this plugin. Primary use case for me and my crew is being able to have our webcams and capture cards fed to both OBS and send out to OBS.Ninja without complaints and without using the full preview/Program supplied by the now built in Virtual Camera feature.

One thing I did notice though and don't know if it is a bug or intentional or otherwise and this once again adds another wrinkle: But if there are other filters on a source such as a crop filter, the Virtual Cam filter picks it up even if Virtual Cam is at the top of the filter list. The only way we've found to correct this is by removing those other filters altogether. I understand this plugin is, for all intents, deprecated now but just curious if this is expected functionality?

shadowsurfer

hello, how can i solve virtual camera not showing in obs version 27.2.1 32bit, i have tried various ways but nothing happens.
I need it to change the obs-camera name in the regedit file, maybe some of you can help with my problem?
Thank you.