Resource icon

OBS Virtualcam 2.0.5

knobel

I was finally able to make the virtual camera work. But now I have another noob question. Is there a way to get the virtual cam to only display the video capture device, and not what I'm broadcasting?
I have the same question!

Bagny89

Everything works perfectly for me with both OBS Camera and OBS Virtual Camera. There is only one problem: whoever receives my screenshot, sees it grainy, out of focus. How come? Is it due to the fact that the video resolution of OBS adapts to the max resolution of the program I'm going to use (in my case Google Meet)?

travispetty

Wonderful camera but there NO SOUND? Does this plugin support the audio output of OBS in the same way so that I can send the audio from my OBS and select it as a microphone in Zoom?? If not, any ideas? So close to a solution that will allow OBS to be BOTH the camera and mic for my Zoom. Thank you!!
Download VB-Cable (donationware) . . . did the trick for me. Settings for OBS --> Audio . . . Under Advanced section, Monitoring Device -- set the monitoring to VB-Cable. Then make sure your audio sources in OBS are each set to monitor (or monitor and output) in the advanced audio properties popup box. Then select VB-Cable in Zoom as the audio source. Works like a charm. :-)

lburto

Hi, thanks for providing this plugin. I have so far used it with zoom, skype, teams, jitsi, ... and it works flawlessly. I am now trying to record a presentation in powerpoint 2019 and have my greenscreened obs virtual cam output mounted in the recorded powerpoint presentation. For whatever reason, the OBS virtual cam is not showing up as one of the cameras that I can show in powerpoint in the recording mode. Only the two physical devices I have show up (the integrated webcam of the laptop and the webcam intetrated into the external monitor). Only those appear in "Device Manager" under "Cameras".

Before you ask: Why won't you let OBS do the recording? - This is for recording a lecture with lots of equations. Sometimes I get a sign wrong or spot some other mistake on the slides only after everything has been recorded. Or the equation numbering is wrong. Then using this approach I can still use my recorded video and audio (which is fine) to just re-render the video. If I do the recording by superimposing the webcam on the powerpoint output capture in OBS, then I would have to re-record the entire slide again and edit the whole thing in OpenShot...

Thanks for any advice!
Did you ever get an answer to this or figure out how to get the OBS virtual camera to show up as a camera option to choose in Powerpoint? I have the exact same challenge as you do (recording for a course) but haven't figured out how to do this after spending a couple of hours.

thanks.

enoc_vt

I was finally able to make the virtual camera work. But now I have another noob question. Is there a way to get the virtual cam to only display the video capture device, and not what I'm broadcasting?
Here's how I do that:
  • Create a Scene with only the capture device or camera you want to send to Virtual Cam.
  • Right clic the Scene > Filters.
  • Add a VirtualCam filter and choose a name (doesn't matter).
  • Select one of the virtual cams and hit Start (you have to do this every time you restart OBS)
Then you should be able to use this virtual cam in other software, regardless what's currently broadcasting.

Hope this help you.

lburto

Here's how I do that:
  • Create a Scene with only the capture device or camera you want to send to Virtual Cam.
  • Right clic the Scene > Filters.
  • Add a VirtualCam filter and choose a name (doesn't matter).
  • Select one of the virtual cams and hit Start (you have to do this every time you restart OBS)
Then you should be able to use this virtual cam in other software, regardless what's currently broadcasting.

Hope this help you.

I did all that previously but I can never get the OBS Virtual Camera to show up in powerpoint (see screenshots...I'm running windows 10 on a Mac). It appears that when OBS is running, it gets an exclusive "lock" on the built in camera (Facetime HD in this case) OBS Virtual camera is not available in powerpoint nor is the Facetime camera anymore (see screenshots), just two other virtual cameras from other apps which do show up for some reason. OBS Virtual Camera is also not available to other apps (at least in windows...on the Mac OS OBS Virtual Camera is available, but unfortunately Powerpoint slideshow video capture is not enabled on the Mac, only audio).

IMG_5237.JPG
IMG_5236.JPG

davidz01

anyone know how to use virtualcam as input in snap camera?
because, obs-virtualcam output is not detected at all in the snap cam.

elMaestro

I did all that previously but I can never get the OBS Virtual Camera to show up in powerpoint (see screenshots...I'm running windows 10 on a Mac). It appears that when OBS is running, it gets an exclusive "lock" on the built in camera (Facetime HD in this case) OBS Virtual camera is not available in powerpoint nor is the Facetime camera anymore (see screenshots), just two other virtual cameras from other apps which do show up for some reason. OBS Virtual Camera is also not available to other apps (at least in windows...on the Mac OS OBS Virtual Camera is available, but unfortunately Powerpoint slideshow video capture is not enabled on the Mac, only audio).

View attachment 66316View attachment 66317

I have this same issue. There is nothing in Power Point settings to be done. Getting this to work would be ACE!

MCTech

Hello, is there anyway to improve the virtual cam quality out to zoom? Or does anyone have any tips? I understand zoom has experiences bandwidth issues, I've seen it happen all the time. I am using a Magewell HDMI capture card + Canon T3i DSLR, if that helps. Thanks!

Pmanurag39

Hi developer,I have an error when press "start" in filter form.

And the VirtualCam selected from the "Tools" drop-down menu has no effect after being turned on
Bro, I am having the same issue. When I am starting the virtual cam from tools it's perfectly fine and when I am doing it from the filters, it's crashing. Did you find a fix?

Pmanurag39

Hi developer,I have an error when press "start" in filter form.

And the VirtualCam selected from the "Tools" drop-down menu has no effect after being turned on
Bro, did you finded the fix ? I have the same issue.

snowwy124

i want to know why that when I download it everything pops up as of the do you want to download and then for just one second the installer pops up and then closes. ive been wanting to fix this problem but havent had any luck.

spiessi

I really LOVE this plugin, used it so much in the past.
What would make it perfect is a audio output! I use the VB audio driver
but this is not the best solution because i cant use the monitor output as monitor output anymore.
Are there any plans to add a virtual audio output to this plugin?

AlanM

Now that Virtual Camera is included in OBS, is there a way to have multiple virtual cameras output anymore?

I sometimes switch between two scenes when broadcasting to youtube live. One has the actual camera capture, the other is a window capture of zoom with multiple people on it. I've found that switching between the scenes sometimes keeps the camera "Activated" in OBS and tied up instead of allowing Zoom to use it even if I click the checkbox to "deactivate when not showing".

I'd like to run two copies of OBS at the same time. One would just duplicate the USB camera to two virtual cameras, the other would be the main one running the stream using one virtual camera while Zoom would use the other virtual camera.